Change timer from reward selection to raid completion.

jotmon

I don't see any reason to force players to select end rewards to reset timers on raids
In many cases the raid end reward list is just selecting worthless junk.

Change mechanic of raid completion timer to count 3 days from selecting end reward to 3 day from completion of raid.
This way anyone who does not pickup their end reward is not penalized and can still run the raid regardless of whether they pickup the end reward or not.
Players can select their end reward whenever they want, even if it is seconds from repeating the raid as long as the 3 day timer from raid completion has been completed.

Raid bypass timers are still useful for those that re-run the raid in less than 3 days from completion of the raid.

Upvote 4

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
I have little familiarity with raids, but if the timer counts from picking up the reward, couldn't you simply abandon and re-acquire the raid to run it again?

Ahpuch

I have little familiarity with raids, but if the timer counts from picking up the reward, couldn't you simply abandon and re-acquire the raid to run it again?
"You can't abandon the quest while on this goal" is the response to attempting to abandon. So you need to get the end reward to start the timer.

My guess is that that changing the timer to start on completion must be one of the hardest coding problems in software. It was simpler to write a store interface and sell raid by pass timers to get around this problem than to attempt the difficult task of starting the timer on quest completion. /s