changes to tumble BAD!

Jack Jarvis Esquire

Personally I hope gsamers who have invested in tumble-centric builds can adapt to the changes whilst providing alternative "hey devs you should do this instead" and sync on a solution.

I have provided an alternative solution which I hope the gaming communtity will support thereby encouraging devs to implement it
You've presented your wishes as to what you want to happen.

Anything can happen, but that doesn't mean it's all equally likely.

What you've avoided repeatedly now is any answer to the question as to what you honestly think will happen from here.

Its an easy question to answer: nothing. See? And you know that too, if you're being honest about it and can just get past the fact it's not what you want to hear. 👍

DDO Gaming

What you've avoided repeatedly now is any answer to the question as to what you honestly think will happen from here.

Its an easy question to answer: nothing. See? And you know that too, if you're being honest about it and can just get past the fact it's not what you want to hear. 👍
Do you understand how software development works? I ask because your replies suggest you don't

DDO Gaming

DBZ I notice you laughing at my suggestion. Please feel free to explain why. Either as gamers/customers we synch on an alternative solution the devs can implement or we accept tumble in its current format

DDO Gaming

I'm sure they'll get right on it hope they do
they've implemented a solution. as customers we need to synch on an alternative solution if we want change. this is how software change implementation works.

The reason I'm investing time on this topic is gamers have created builds around natural tumble and my solution mainly protects that investment

Reactions: dur

Toede

Unless that build is thief acrobat or another dex based mobile combat build, nobody cares about what you used tumble for. It's irrelevant. Tumble has a specific purpose, it always has. It has only now been given the tools it needs to actually do the job.

Toede

Hate to break it to you but look around. They already have and it wasn't by fixing tumble. That was one of the first good decisions they have made in a long while. It's too late though.

Jack Jarvis Esquire

Do you understand how software development works? I ask because your replies suggest you don't
What? 😂🤣😂 With all that vast knowledge of development, still no answer to the simplest of questions. Just deflection and obfuscation.

Stamp your foot harder. Wail louder.

But you've already lost.

You're just too upset to notice or accept it.👍

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Just ...wow. Here I thought you were the kinder, gentler, troll. Didn't even call them "mate." :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Nickodeamous

The new tumble is not fun. I'll admit that. Does it prevent people from rolling through quests? Yes. Does it it also prevent you from moving at all when you've clicked it 3 times? Why yes it does. You can be running through a quest and after you hit your tumble "quota", if you try it again, you stop running and block. Doh! The mob caught me!

the devs are worried about speed of quest completion. I get it. But this is not fun. I totally agree.

Why not do this:

Up the limit to 10 tumbles in a row, but put it on a 1 min cooldown after. No regeneration after you tumble until you hit 10...then a 1 min pause...then you get all 10 back.

Fot those worried about "reseting tumble buffs too often". Put that on a separate cooldown that says first time you tumble you get the buff, but you are ineligible for the buff for 15 seconds (even if you tumble during this time). This will make it so you have to manage your tumbles more carefully; but still get your buff every 15 seconds as desired.

You wanna tumble backwards? Well, that doesn't give you a buff at all. Only tumbling towards the enemy gives you a buff. Tumbling backwards is only used to get out danger and to mess around while getting party buffs. It also doesn't count towards your 10 charges. (See first rule)

I don't know that there is a perfect solution, nor do I even use tumble in any way other than to mess around, but maybe this helps??? Who knows. Just trying to help :)

Nic

dur

aka Cybersquirt
I got stuck-dead in the midst of traps again, last night, so I jumped through all of it. This "solution to tumble" is ridiculous. It's incredibly punitive to take something that had unlimited usage and knock it down to 2 charges (and hopefully you unlocked the SKILL in Heroic.)

10 charges is definitely more useful; **I'd settle for 4 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 *and please revisit cool-down. Maybe shorter @ rank 30??

Last edited:

Toede

The new tumble is not fun. I'll admit that. Does it prevent people from rolling through quests? Yes. Does it it also prevent you from moving at all when you've clicked it 3 times? Why yes it does. You can be running through a quest and after you hit your tumble "quota", if you try it again, you stop running and block. Doh! The mob caught me!

the devs are worried about speed of quest completion. I get it. But this is not fun. I totally agree.

Why not do this:

Up the limit to 10 tumbles in a row, but put it on a 1 min cooldown after. No regeneration after you tumble until you hit 10...then a 1 min pause...then you get all 10 back.

Fot those worried about "reseting tumble buffs too often". Put that on a separate cooldown that says first time you tumble you get the buff, but you are ineligible for the buff for 15 seconds (even if you tumble during this time). This will make it so you have to manage your tumbles more carefully; but still get your buff every 15 seconds as desired.

You wanna tumble backwards? Well, that doesn't give you a buff at all. Only tumbling towards the enemy gives you a buff. Tumbling backwards is only used to get out danger and to mess around while getting party buffs. It also doesn't count towards your 10 charges. (See first rule)

I don't know that there is a perfect solution, nor do I even use tumble in any way other than to mess around, but maybe this helps??? Who knows. Just trying to help :)

Nic
The reason why this would not work is because that would not serve the purpose of tumble which is to provide evasion for non tank melee combatants. A cooldown of a minute would be absolutely nonsensical and would only serve to benefit everyone but who the skill is meant for in the first place.

Toede

I got stuck-dead in the midst of traps again, last night, so I jumped through all of it. This "solution to tumble" is ridiculous. It's incredibly punitive to take something that had unlimited usage and knock it down to 2 charges (and hopefully you unlocked the SKILL in Heroic.)

10 charges is definitely more useful; **I'd settle for 4 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 *and please revisit cool-down. Maybe shorter @ rank 30??

If you only have two tumble charges, that means you are not a rogue and it also means you have less than ten points in the skill, so why should you be able to tumble through traps? If it's a cross class skill and you have less then double digit points invested, don't expect to be an acrobat.

Alcides

I recently changed the race of my main character from Shifter to Dwarf and after having to deal with the following issues for over a year.

Tumble specific grievances
Shifter (Beasthide) - Does not respect weapon speed or movement speed when using a Topaz of Swiftness in boots and other gear slots.
Shifter (Beasthide) - Tumble animations don't work fluidly. If you do a second roll while in the first roll it dry fires and expends a charge
Shifter (Beasthide) - Tumble animations don't work fluidly. Tumbling causes a lag spike of about .75 seconds before starting to fire.

Changes that have made this race less than ideal in recent years after purchase which didn't have these issues
Shifter (Beasthide) - Legendary Green Steel - Animal Growth Active Augment used to provide the buff for 4 mins 20 seconds and it was changed to 1 min 30 seconds even when cast from a staff which doesn't respect caster level for all Divine casting classes since Animal Growth is a Druid spell and are Druids are Divine casters.

Last edited:

DDO Gaming

// Why are you bothered by how others are playing? //

// there was that video on youtube where they just tumbled through the whole dungeon. //

Tumble needed to be changed to protect game value. the devs have implemented a change, negatively affected gamers need to synch on an alternative solution that continues protecting game-value

Toede

If you are talking to me, I'm not bothered by how others are playing, or rather not playing.
;)

What I am doing is refuting your dumb arguments. Deal.

WildJax

Do something.
This is sucking the fun out the game.
Bad enough the rubberbanding and the underprovisioned instances.
Give it more charge, shorter refill.
I don't understand how someone can make their product intentionally worse.
Like Windows 10 to Windows 11, the taskbar toolbar got removed.
Why would you do that? Why would you take features away?
Do those people hate their players? What is the motivation?
Not did they make it useless and counter beneficial, no they also removed the previous version, which in turn breaks a lot of functionality.
Translation QQ WWWWWHHHHAAAAA!!!!! I cant speed through dungeons and kill anyone left behind me anymore,

Nickodeamous

The reason why this would not work is because that would not serve the purpose of tumble which is to provide evasion for non tank melee combatants. A cooldown of a minute would be absolutely nonsensical and would only serve to benefit everyone but who the skill is meant for in the first place.
Ah OK. Yeah I see your point here. I hadnt thought about this from a tank's point of view. There really is no good solution to the tumble changes. Good call. Oh well.