changes to tumble BAD!

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Ok,.so we have not lost a mechanical advantage against traps as dur said.
Not having enough tumble charges to make it through certain traps, as has been mentioned, has been lost. Tumbling itself is a "mechanical" action.

canicus

So before the experimental changes, you were able to tumble through large traps without stopping and avoid damage? I suppose that the benefit was that tumble allowed you to move faster than normal. How many points did you need to invest in tumble to make this work? Is this something that was attainable on all classes? (again, I am trying to learn what has been lost here, I never used tumble before Experimental.)

dur

aka Cybersquirt
What's been lost? I keep saying it: It's on charges now - 2, specifically, and 2 is not enough. Even if you have 35 points in Tumble, without other stat changes, you still only have 2 charges?

To not take damage in traps, one needs evasion; to lessen damage, dodge, etc.
I used tumble a lot, and did not mess with Experimental. One goes no "faster" than a toon jumping through water as opposed to swimming it - certainly that's the case now. Dunno how the exploit worked except that it could only be obtained in Epic.

Never said the traps changed, although they did tweak disable/spot checks and that it's been a minute and is unrelated.

(* reserved for incoming edit - the toon in question has 18 tumble, 32 Dex, Dodge (and Uncanny Dodge.) SHE is 16 Barb/3 Arti, and has 2 tumble charges.)

Last edited:

Dude

What's been lost? I keep saying it: It's on charges now - 2, specifically, and 2 is not enough. Even if you have 35 points in Tumble, without other stat changes, you still only have 2 charges?

To not take damage in traps, one needs evasion; to lessen damage, dodge, etc.
I used tumble a lot, and did not mess with Experimental. One goes no "faster" than a toon jumping through water as opposed to swimming it - certainly that's the case now. Dunno how the exploit worked except that it could only be obtained in Epic.

Never said the traps changed, although they did tweak disable/spot checks and that it's been a minute and is unrelated.

(* reserved for incoming edit)
You're right. The jumping through water exploit needs to be nerfed. :sneaky:

canicus

P2: Well, I hope you're happy 'cause now you cannot even tumble through a trap - one of it's original purposes.

Above is where you said the ability to tumble through traps was changed. This is what I didn't understand and made me reply to you in the first place.

So tumble could be used to avoid damage from traps? Or is it just evasion?

When I ask what has been lost, I have been asking what was the benefit received from tumble that has gone away. So far all I've really seen anyone say is movement speed and a specific use of a Pale Master enhancement. That isn't nothing. But I can't see the game breaking problem here. I understand you don't like it, and you are entitled to your opinion. But I am also entitled to mine. I like the changes and none of the arguments I've seen on this thread have been very convincing otherwise.

I hope you find some other way to enjoy the game.

DDO Gaming

But I can't see the game breaking problem here. I understand you don't like it, and you are entitled to your opinion. But I am also entitled to mine. I like the changes and none of the arguments I've seen on this thread have been very convincing otherwise.
This is borderline elitist. I hope SSG doesn't encouarge this kindof "sure the changes scr*wed you guys over but I still enjoy the game so have a nice day". Otherwise these forums are pointless

DDO Gaming

But I can't see the game breaking problem here
And the changes are game-breaking if gamers can no longer play particular builds. This is the point I was making elsewhere: normally devs focus on nerfing certain xyz to slowdown zergers. This change has no relevance to anything other than to generate emotion for no reason

Reactions: dur

dur

aka Cybersquirt
..several particular builds..

I'm not trying to change anyone (but devs) mind, just pointing out my frustrations (*as others are sharing theirs/or not.) Glad I'm (almost) allowed to have my opinion and not be patronized for it. Twice now. 🙄:sneaky:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DBZ

Shardrena

I'm sorry, but what is this change to Tumble that is suppose to be so horrible? I ask because I've honestly not bothered with the tumble skill on any character in over a decade.

Archaic

I'm sorry, but what is this change to Tumble that is suppose to be so horrible? I ask because I've honestly not bothered with the tumble skill on any character in over a decade.
It feels constipated and if you actually tried to use it you would understand how it feels constipated.

Shardrena

I stopped using tumble because it honestly never felt particularly useful outside of moving a bit faster in ankle deep water. And the investment to make it useful in limited situations was so great, that I often feel those skill points are better placed elsewhere.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
K.. well, IDK what to say to those who've never used tumble, other than what I've already said (which is a lot, lol.)

*what if Jump had some exploit n they put charges on it - after "previewing" it on Lama to mostly rave reviews? They are both Skills... the whole thing reeks of a new direction I don't like.

Last edited:

shmagmhar

Does anyone remember using tumble on table top D&D in 3.5? its was a skill check for a quick move to avoid an attack of opportunity . I kind of understand what they where thinking . but i wish they would changer it back to how it was

shmagmhar

Fine but: So, what?

There have probably been hundreds of posts on this now. Nothing has changed. Nor will it IMO.

Repeating "I don't like this" isn't going to change anything. Particularly if that sentiment has already been expressed repeatedly.

Don't get me wrong, I've absolutely no issues if they did change it all again, but I just don't think that's going to happen now, and further constant repetition of dissatisfaction isn't going to make a jot of difference now. I mean, they must know who and how many are unhappy. Again: so, what? 🤔
do you have any suggestions perhaps other ways to approach it ? It seems like most of us really would like to have it changed back.

Hutoth

The Hatchery
I just came here to hop on the bandwagon and say I dont like the change to tumble , please change it back . thank you
Agree. I strongly dislike the new tumble limits. I understand the rationale is that experimental tumble made tumbling while running too fast. Okay. End the experiment then. Surely the fix for that is to revert experimental tumble, not to &uck up tumble itself. At least, let's have turning off 'experimental tumble' in UI settings make tumble behave the way it did from 2006 to 2023.

Xaerxiessia

Lost in Translation
so , please do not judge in place of those who were using it without abusing of its exploit.