Changing game to Secondary monitor

wolfdy

How do i make DDO show on my secondary monitor?

My cappy monitor its my primary, cuz most aplications like discord and such open there and i wanna see my fulltask bar while i play fullscreen games on my good (secondary) monitor.

DDO However refuses to be dragged over to my good (secondary) monitor, everytime i drag it it comes back instantly to the crappy one (Primary). Alrdy tryed the alt+enter and drag trick, tryed changing the "DisplayAdapter=X" over on Userpreferences.ini (0 and 1 changes nothing, 2 makes the game not open at all, only the launcher), tryed changing the display over on steam with a "-adapter X" Which only makes the launcher open on the other monitor
Edit: Also tryed the Windows+Shift+ Arrows

Any solutions? I know its possible because one guy had the game opening on screen 3 and wanted to change it to his primary screen https://forums-old.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/423349-resolution-issue-and-wrong-monitor

I Dont wanna change what monitor its my primary everytime i play DDO and was hoping for a solution that doesnt requires instaling 3rd party multi-display management software

Last edited:

Eme

I used to struggle with this, I got it working on my old machine by playing in windowed mode, and I had to make sure the launcher was on the secondary screen by default when it opened before I put my password in, which sometimes meant I had to open it, move it across before logging in then closing it and reopening it until it did open by default on secondary, then log in and continue, otherwise it would keep reverting back to main on launch of game. ( Think I also had to drag the windowed game across a few times too and close it down there, then restart in the same manner on occasion.)

Don't know if this still works today as Im on a new machine with 4k monitor, and that doesn't like windowed mode to play if I want to read text of any kind, so i'm now stuck on main monitor.

vryxnr

I have no issues moving DDO back and forth from main to second monitors. However, I run in full screen windowed, and I use Direct X 9 with DDO (it does not crash when it's not the primary window with DX9, which seems to be a problem with non-windowed fullscreen and higher DX's)

wolfdy

Anyone has any other solution to this? Been wanting to play the game but it's a pretty bad experience having to switch primary monitors everytime, let alone play on the bad one

wolfdy

You can have the task bar show on all your monitors
it does, but tool bar and task bar are diferent things on windows, you cant rly have the tool bar showing without a 3rd party software. The tool bar is the one on the bottom right that shows your volume settings, internet, windows defender, etc

Edit: Its called "notification center" not Toolbar

Last edited:

Solarpower

I've tried everything to make DDO run on the 2nd monitor. Nothing help.
To make it worse, after I've got my 2nd monitor, DDO's Brightness/Contrast/Gamma settings stopped working. 😫

wolfdy

I was gonna suggest trying something like https://sourceforge.net/projects/dualmonitortool/ to see if you can force the app to move the second monitor that way; but that would go against your goal of avoiding 3rd party software.
Yeha, im arriving to the conclusion that aprently DDO is just an old game and changing the monitor inst even possible, like at all

Just to check, both monitors are being run off the same video card, right?
Yes, one of the HDMI and the other on the DVI

wolfdy

Figured out a way to do what i wanted

You can move the taskbar with the "Notification center" (yeah, thats what's called, not toolbar) to your secondary monitor

I made my Good monitor the primary again, right clicked the task bar, unchecked the second to last option "Lock all taskbar", Dragged the taskbar with the notification center (Thats on monitor 1) on top of the task bar without (Thats on monitor 2) and they swapped places, now i have the notification center on my second monitor

Btw, you can't have the notification center on both, checked over on windows forums.

Last edited:

Farlino

How do i make DDO show on my secondary monitor?

My cappy monitor its my primary, cuz most aplications like discord and such open there and i wanna see my fulltask bar while i play fullscreen games on my good (secondary) monitor.

DDO However refuses to be dragged over to my good (secondary) monitor, everytime i drag it it comes back instantly to the crappy one (Primary). Alrdy tryed the alt+enter and drag trick, tryed changing the "DisplayAdapter=X" over on Userpreferences.ini (0 and 1 changes nothing, 2 makes the game not open at all, only the launcher), tryed changing the display over on steam with a "-adapter X" Which only makes the launcher open on the other monitor
Edit: Also tryed the Windows+Shift+ Arrows

Any solutions? I know its possible because one guy had the game opening on screen 3 and wanted to change it to his primary screen https://forums-old.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/423349-resolution-issue-and-wrong-monitor

I Dont wanna change what monitor its my primary everytime i play DDO and was hoping for a solution that doesnt requires instaling 3rd party multi-display management software
Don't play with Steam. Steam has issues with letting DDO work as intended. Look up the file DnDLauncher.exe on your PC/laptop. Make a new shortcut for that and start the game directly from there. All necessary files already are on your PC... steam is not needed.