Cheapo Rogue Endgame gear

saekee

long live ROGUE
So having been impressed by Tronko's centered assassin thread, I went about assembling the goods. I soon realized that I did not have near enough of the Dino ingredients to make anything (and it would be immensely grindy to do so). So I came up with a stepping stone gearset that some folks here might find useful and could even settle upon if you like having weapon flexibility. It utilizes gear that many might already have, and needs only a couple of more pieces, of which only one is tricky to get (the Flame Priest's Focus helm). Thanks to the new augment system, augments can cover a few gaping holes.

Logic: Silent Avenger is almost the same as the Dread Stalker, missing mainly the +15 artifact boost to Melee power. It has 30% fort bypass, though, saving a Dreadbringer 5th filigree. We will add the Temple's Inferno set to get 15 MP artifact since we have the goggles already as part of Tronko's set. Then, we do Adherent of the Mists, almost the same as Dread Isle Curse, mainly missing +4 attack/damage (also 15 USP less, not a big deal). The bonuses are nearly identical although the individual item stats will come up lower.
Insightful assassinate, insightful deception and quality seeker are all on one item, the trinket out of Creeping Death. The biggest losses, outside of the attack and damage, are 1) the extra 2d6 sneak damage from dread armor boost, and 2) many more augment slots for added perks and raid augment sets.

Legendary Adherent of the Mists (5 items):
+30 Profane Bonus to Physical Resistance Rating.
+30 Profane Bonus to Positive, Negative, and Repair Healing Amplification.
+15 Profane Bonus to Melee and Ranged Power.
+15 Profane Bonus to Universal Spell Power.
(+2 Profane bonus to ability scores on armor silent avenger)

Silent Avenger (3 items)
+15% Artifact Bonus to Doublestrike and Doubleshot.
+3 Sneak Attack Dice.
+30% Artifact bonus to Fortification Bypass.
+15% Artifact bonus to Damage vs. Helpless Opponents.

Temple's Inferno (2 items)
+15 Artifact Bonus to Melee and Ranged Power
+30 Artifact Bonus to Fire Spell Power
+15% Artifact Bonus to Helplessness Damage

Head: Flame Priest's Focus: Accuracy 21, Potency 103, Insightful seeker 6, Ins. Combat mastery 6, Temple's Inferno, Green: temple inferno
Goggles: Flameguard (Deadly 11, quality deadly 3, doublestrike 15, quality ds 3, yellow: ) temple inferno
Trinket: Legendary Subtle Sound (Ins. Deception, quality seeker, Insightful assassinate, UMD+5, green: ) Swap: Legendary Battleworn Medal (Heart of the Problem). Gives 3 extra action boosts, good for raids.
(If you are deeply at the starter stage, do a craftable assassinate shard here, Assassinate of Insightful assassinate, until the Bone ring is upgraded sufficiently. Another option is a second Adherent of the Mists ring, add the Spyglass out of Saltmarsh for trinket, and do Necklace of Venom for insightful assassinate.)
Necklace: Any that qualify for adherent of the mists. Best would be Fleetfoot that drops in raid: (Fleetfoot: Superior Reinforced fists, Wind through the Trees; Natural armor: 13; wisdom 13; yellow green). Adherent
Armor: Mist-Laden Vestment (Fortification, parrying 6, physl sheltering, profane 2, green: ) Silent Avenger
Belt: Cutcord (quality dodge 3, blurry, dex 13, quality Dex 3, green: ) Silent avenger
gloves: Crumbling: Ins. Dex 6, Quality INT 3, Shatter 15, Ins. Physical Sheltering 16, Blue: ) Adherent
Bracers: Lore Fueled Pack: Ins. CON 6, Ins. DS 6%, druidic, Green: ) Invitation to dinner (farm opt chest!) Adherent
Ring1: Any Adherent of the Mists. I have: CurseBane: Ins. Curse Resist 4, vitality 44, Quality Magical Sheltering 8, Deathblock, Green: ) Adherent
Ring 2: DIno Bone Ring. (See Tronko's version: Dex 15, seeker 15, Assassinate 17, Resistance). I did Armor Piercing here instead of Resistance.
Cloak: Shadowhail (HS/MS, Deception 10, Ghostly, green) Silent Avenger
Boots: Flightfoot: FoM, Speed 30, Natural armor 13, yellow: ) Adherent
Weapons: Anything! That is the big plus here. Dino weapons, Goldcursed daggers, go Kukri and do Labyrinthine Edge and dino kukri, etc.

Augments needed: healing amplification, Constitution, dodge, sheltering, resistance if you did armor piercing on Dino Ring, good luck +2/3. The Dread Stalker dino set has a lot more augment slots so you have much less flexibility with this gearset, such as Tronk adding raid set augments.

A lot of goods are covered with this simple setup--all forms of Dex, Ins. CON, lots of doublestrike and deadly, assassinate and insightful assassinate. Minor perk is that the gloves give Insightful physical sheltering and Quality INT, and the Cursebane ring Quality Magical sheltering. The biggest advantage here is 1) flexiblity and 2) you might have a good chance at pulling mythic versions of the gear, especiall given that the quests are getting steamrolled now on reaper.

Gearing Options:
  • use any Ravenloft necklace to complete the set, craft on the Trinket (what you need) of armor piercing of insightful assassinate, and use the Dino Ring as the artifact (It will have assassinate, dex, seeker and Resistance). If you have the raid Fleetfoot necklace, it is a nice option.
  • Use Echo of Ravenkind, the raid trinket, which has Improved deception and eternal holy burst, CON and two augment slots. For insightful assassinate, use the Fens Necklace of Venom which also has two slots. This then becomes a swap item when fighting red names, for example swap with the raptor necklace or whatever. I would do this if I had the trinket, but do not.
  • The Labyrinthine Edge has the Bloodrage proc everyone likes. Consider that as a great option for a weapon to be paired with a Dino kukri. I have made two Dino kukris, one with Legendary Affirmation, so if it procs it can be swapped out.
  • If you want to use this setup and not be an assassin (some other roguish melee thug like assassin 18/monk1/fvs 1 that uses fire stance, max cores in assassin for lethality but is a Vistani kukri fighter tier 5 and capstone, trance out of FvS), then dump all assassinate stuff, keep perfect pinnacle for fire stance blinding, and focus on necklace and trinket slots as dps. If non-good, the perfected vulkoorin necklace could be fun, or a dino necklace, or the Rose Thorn necklace even for the insightful deception and Rose exhaust effect).

Other perks: excellent assassinate sources, stunning/shatter + ins. combat mastery, doublestrike (profane, artifact, competence, insightful + quality), All Dex (profane, insightful, quality + scroll Tenser for artifact), Ins. Con, Ghostly, Potency for various casting. Best part is that it is not too difficult to assemble.

Cons: seeker is only Insightful. When you equip the Raptor tooth necklace, you get seeker 13. Once you equip the Bone ring, you get Seeker there. No quality assassinate, no improved deception. You cannot create augment slot sets either like Cunning Impact since almost all gear slots are partnof a set. It is an inferior setup to Tronko’s but since it is easy to assemble ans upgrade, I have adopted it fully. I am missing only the raid kukri.

Let me know your thoughts and if you find this useful!

Last edited:

Maze

Love this. I've been looking at that post too. Plus I'm stupidly happy they finally added kukris to VKF. Been asking about that for ages lol

saekee

long live ROGUE
Love this. I've been looking at that post too. Plus I'm stupidly happy they finally added kukris to VKF. Been asking about that for ages lol
thanks! I think I will just stay with this. It is not that far behind Tronko's. Sure a bit less with some profane damage, and 3DC lower assassinate--I can live with it without needing to grind out a billion ings from Isle of Dread. I need to get the stuff for a second weapon for the 1K hp proc, and the goods for the ring augments, so I already have a month of grinding ahead of me. I plan to put armor piercing, not resistance, in the ring.
I have a ravenloft necklace, crafted assassinate/armor piercing of insightful assassinate (if I recall correclty) on a ML 31 trinket, and equipped the dino ring with 4 slots now. At some point I will have augments fitted in the ring, and I can aim to replace the trinket with Legendary Subtle Sound.

I too am pumped on kukris--I badly want the Labyrinthine edge, really completes the setup! I plan to dump knife spec and just use kukris, so that saves me a whopping 1 AP (lol) which is enough to put MtF at 2 ranks and keep deadly strikes.

Blerkington

Nice effort, Saekee. It's always useful to see what other people have done with their gear so thank you for posting this.

saekee

long live ROGUE
I am still hammering out my gear (I have a LONG way to go, do not even have my full CON augment yet), and need to respec a lot of my feats (what a mess I made), but had some fun here (let me add that I only have about 37 reaper points):

B5OKzYN.jpg

XKECvkk.jpg

This is easy to do for a fast sneaking rogue--if you have a reaper on your tail, just jump through a door. Something odd happens and it disappears. I think it goes off map looking for you, maybe out on the water (basing this on how the map in game places folks)

DBZ

Old school i like it have you looked at any of the SSS sets those can be real easy to farm and work with the right gomfs setups

I said no to dread too can't be bothered with the raid as is now just grind mythic reaper bonuses

That alone can get you 70 more melee power n 2-3 more r dcs

Last edited:

saekee

long live ROGUE
Old school i like it have you looked at any of the SSS sets those can be real easy to farm and work with the right gomfs setups

I said no to dread too can't be bothered with the raid as is now just grind mythic reaper bonuses

That alone can get you 70 more melee power n 2-3 more r dcs
I do not bother with the GoMF because the right combo is too hard to get. For profane bonuses, you are using 1) Abishai, 2) Ravenloft or 3) dread. All the abishai set stuff is very costly to upgrade since they come out of a raid. Plus being upgraded, you do not get any mythic or reaper bonuses. That leaves Ravenloft and Dread. Dread is definitely the best and most flexible; as you can see in my setup here, 2 of the five pieces of the Adherent of the Mists is just filler. The good news in that is you can put in any nicely boosted necklace or ring for that filler.

I am working on the Dread setup, just slowly. I have figured out that there are 12 easily ransacked chests for a lot of ings, so that is 12x8 or 96 chests, averaging maybe 5 or so materials you are looking at roughly 500 crafting materials (Whispers of Return, 2; Plundering Pirate's Point, 2; Wild Thing, all 3; Spiders and Flies, 2; Bullywogs, 2; Curse and Captive Crustacean, 1 (out back); none of this includes all the wilderness ones including the one under the ship right south of the Pixie Camp (50% spawn rate); some of these require Search and Lockpicking, but then this is a rogue thread). The typical dread augment hits you for 125-250 or so, so you can see how fast one can make one with this method. The Black Pearls come from smacking the rares out in the wilderness, something pretty fast and you get sentient food from it as well.

The more flexible area is the artifact bonus. I can see someone doing a Sharn set for the artifact. That would work well too and leave a lot of stuff still open. I did the Temple set since the goggles were part of Tronko's set. So by nabbing those, and building out the ring, I am already two pieces in.

Scrag

Check out the vecna artifact +3 assassinate set bonus. It is three pieces and has most of (all of?) what is on silent avenger, and the gear generally is better all around.

saekee

long live ROGUE
Check out the vecna artifact +3 assassinate set bonus. It is three pieces and has most of (all of?) what is on silent avenger, and the gear generally is better all around.
hey Scrag, I have been trying to figure out Vecna (I do not own it yet but at some point...). Some gear has some great attribues, even on their own. That set you mention has:
  • +15 Artifact Bonus to Melee and Ranged Power
  • +3 Artifact Bonus to Assassinate DCs
  • +10% Artifact Bonus to Dodge
  • +3 Artifact Bonus to Sneak Attack Damage
It is missing an artifact bonus for doublestrike, similar to how Silent avenger was missing an artifact bonus for melee power. It looks like that setup easily adheres to the Vecna profane sets given the item location matching (e.g. it uses a helm and the profane set does not). There are sources of purely artifact doublestrike boosts, namely the Mantle of Suulomades:
  • +15% Artifact bonus to Doublestrike and Doubleshot
  • +30 Artifact bonus to Physical and Magical Resistance Rating
That would be bracers and a trinket slot. The trinket is the artifact and unlike Isle of Dread, the VoD trinket only takes 3 slots. So that is one less filigree which is a loss. Not sure how much...

I am curious to see if Tronko or someone else pushes things with a Vecna set. I have no idea right now how to make it work. Isle of Dread is convenient in that the profane set can use a weapon slot; that is huge for saving item slots for set bonuses IMHO.

Scrag

Sword crossed topaz is 15% doublestrike, but there are a ton of spots to get it. I think you can spot the topaz in one of the items, but I tend to use hurricane trinket + flame ring for the 2 piece awesome.

Shadows emptiness is VERY AWESOME

saekee

long live ROGUE
Sword crossed topaz is 15% doublestrike, but there are a ton of spots to get it. I think you can spot the topaz in one of the items, but I tend to use hurricane trinket + flame ring for the 2 piece awesome.

Shadows emptiness is VERY AWESOME
That is competence not artifact for topaz

yes, that is another option--a ToEE set like I have been using, even if there is redundancy

saekee

long live ROGUE
For anyone curious, here is my current gearset and what I am trying to do:

Weapon: The Labrythine Edge. This gives CC for trash (Identity crisis), DPS for bosses (vulnerability), and ease of keeping up Enhanced Bloodrage. I know people claim to do swaps for enhanced bloodrage but that kind of thing drives me nuts.
Offhand: Attuned Bone Kukri (I do Legendary affirmation and swap it with the vulnerability one sometimes when affirmation has just procced).

Armor: Legendary Tanaroa Sneaking Suit (will replace with Dino Mail when I get the raid augments)
Belt: Legendary Admiral's Cummerbund (will replace with Lindal's)
Boots: Legendary Magma Waders
Bracers: Devilscale Bracers (this accords with the Trinket for assassinate bonuses, improved deception)
Cloak: Legendary Dread Stalker's Cloak (ghostly, seeker etc.)
Gloves: Legendary Hammerfist (instead of necklace; this gives insightful DS but also Cannith Combat infusion)
Goggles: Legendary Eternal Flameguard's Lenses (DS, deadly etc)
Helm: Legendary Dread Stalker's Skullcap (ins. Dex, parrying, shield bonus to AC)
Necklace: Legendary Chains (I am working on cursing the blanks until I get the best curse. Quality dex, accuracy or maybe devotion for healing, tendon slice, fortification)
Ring1: Dinosaur Bone Ring (usual stuff, armor piercing)
Ring2: Legendary Lionheart Ring (ins. CON, ins. armor piercing, action boost enhancements, stunning--a real winner for this setup. If needed in some situations you can do a necklace swap Bottled Sunlight and get 30 MRR Eminence of Summer)
Trinket: Legendary Red Raptor Feather (For deception, quality assassinate, lesser displacement. I have the +5 melee power deck bonus on it so not going anywhere)

Destiny: I have SD up to tier 4, Tier 5 Fury, 9 in US for guard up, elemental resistance, vigor. I do not have max destiny points, around 66.
Enhancements: I am using kukris so core 4 for crit boost in Vistani; in assassin I have no knife spec (not needed) so I have deadly strikes and max MtF.) Since I do not have a tome of universal enhancement tree +1 AP I would come up a little short for Horizon walker due to the extra 1 AP for Vistani core so I do KtA. Not as good, but at least always active; I get fast MtF and +10 from deadly strikes. I could do a 1min Horizon walker dex trance but it gets stressful to monitor with all the buff icons hiding it, and it is too brief.

Last edited: