Chest ransack notice

Dman1970

On my main, when I loot a chest, I get a chat notice saying how many times I have looted said chest and when the timer will reset down to the exact minute. I can't figure out how to get that to work on any of my other characters. Does anyone know what setting it is? It helps when i am using a higher level toon to smash low level content for low toon gear farming.

Krelar

I do not even understand why this is optional?

Make it the default and remove the setting. Why would anyone not see ransack information?
I almost never ransack chests, it would just be more spam in the chat channel making it harder to find information I do care about.
I much prefer having the option to turn it on if/when I decide I want it.

Buddha5440

I almost never ransack chests, it would just be more spam in the chat channel making it harder to find information I do care about.
I much prefer having the option to turn it on if/when I decide I want it.
I agree but I think what is being said is that is should be ON by default. That I disagree with...if you wan't to know when a chest is ransacked (and there already was a notification) you should take the time to track how many times you've run said quest.

In the old days we didn't have mini-maps (or any maps unless we made them ourselves (I still have pages of graph paper with EotB I-III maps lying in a drawer)) or timers being given to us. Put in some effort and keep track of it. Part of the journey is putting some work into it.

erethizon1

I'm okay with it being off as a default. Running the same quest more than 8 times in a single week isn't normal behavior so it doesn't affect most people most of the time.