Compensation

ShotCaller

Well, it was kinda suspicious how all of a sudden on monday morning USA time, it started working...
Did they really work over the weekend to bring is the apex of services?
Or did they just sit there and type a few forum posts saying "dw guys, we're working on it, honestly" "what happpened was that the capacitors got fried and... we're working on it, very hard, yes."
👏

ShotCaller

And honestly if thats the way they choose to handle it, so be it, they have to make their own corporate decisions, its not worth getting all fired up over the possibility that this was actually what happened.
So, assuming all this is true, lying to the player base is a "corporate decision" that's "not worth getting all fired up" about?

If you put this kind of loyalty toward the people that run the game, so be it, indeed.

• Haha
Reactions: DBZ

Sarlona Raiding

Two days of downtime is a big deal, but we aren't really owed anything other than extending VIP time by those 2 days.

With that said, it would be a missed opportunity if SSG didn't try to generate some goodwill with this and I think it's safe to say most players would view it negatively if they did absolutely nothing beyond extending VIP subs 2 days. I mean a nice bonus week, some xp potions with a coupon code doesn't really cost them any money and very little time.

I appreciate all the effort by SSG over the holiday weekend.

The Narc

Two days of downtime is a big deal, but we aren't really owed anything other than extending VIP time by those 2 days.

With that said, it would be a missed opportunity if SSG didn't try to generate some goodwill with this and I think it's safe to say most players would view it negatively if they did absolutely nothing beyond extending VIP subs 2 days. I mean a nice bonus week, some xp potions with a coupon code doesn't really cost them any money and very little time.

How about 100 astral shards, for some this would also be good for infusing activity into thebshard exchange

DDO Gaming

easter weekend. Holiday weekends are the worst time for a system failure that is otherwise 24/7 because the engineers (who are also enjoying their holidays) have to sacrifice that valuable holiday time to crawl into work and detemrine what went wrong.

I would like to thank SSG for their hard work keeping the system running throughout the year. And compensation is only due when yo upay for xyz and suffer a loss. So sure VIPers are due compensation by getting extra days. Everyone else creates memes about how F2P should be extended to cover the missing days :ROFLMAO:(y)

DDO Gaming

I don't want anything other than having enough respect for their players to be honest with them instead of behaving like they have contempt for the people who provide their paychecks.
I would like the devs to realize they're not imbued with superpowers and thus avoid getting sidetracked into deadends like experimental tumble which then needs additional work to overcome all the problems it subsequently created.

Just focus on fixing the bugs guys...and providing additonal content. I know this is boring but you lack the resources for major projects

Bunker

It's not true that everyone was insulting SSG. Don't lump everyone together.
It is a long standing tradition to have a few rotten apples spoil the bushel. Only way to save the bushel is to remove the rotten ones before we are all spoiled.

P.S. 20% xp bonus for 1 week. All is forgiven. :)

• Haha

Archaic

What probably "went wrong" is everyone was just given the weekend off...so they simply shut down. Meanwhile they had a blast checking in on the repricussion of it.

I mean that seems very plausible being it was a holiday right?

• Haha

Genkiba

What probably "went wrong" is everyone was just given the weekend off...so they simply shut down. Meanwhile they had a blast checking in on the repricussion of it.

It was just another weekend for me.

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
VIP should be compensated (read as: provided what they were actually owed) gold rolls, extra days as VIP etc.

Everyone else, maybe if Cord can sing for us on the next Livestream....

ShotCaller

Very plausible.