Could we get rid of the nonsensical beginning of Claw of Vulkoor

Visik

Trying to find and click on all the scorpions as they run around before you can start the quest is annoying and adds nothing to the experience.

If there were some way to even see which ones you'd already clicked, it'd at least be SLIGHTLY less of a pain. Sometimes, I run around and click and re-click scorpions over and over, while somehow missing that one last one that will open up the quest.

Just have us click on the priestess.. that's the only part the story requires. The rest can climb up our legs into our backpacks for story purposes.

Last edited:
Upvote 1

Lazuli

They used to vanish when clicked (from us picking them up) but they broke that mechanic a while back; it's kind of annoying now.
Yes, it is one of those bugs that have been allowed to take root for YEARS. But we already know, nerf is faster than fixing bugs...

Visik

They used to vanish when clicked (from us picking them up) but they broke that mechanic a while back; it's kind of annoying now.
I THOUGHT they used to disappear as you clicked on them. But I didn't trust my memory....

droid327

Honestly, the least annoying part of that quest

At least scorpions dont chain-burrow anymore though

saekee

long live ROGUE
yes and it was reported, nothing done.

Not only annoying, not only nonsensical (‘crawl into your backpack’ but still crawl around), but when stealthing the quest, the scorpions draw the ire of the fire giants. This causes the hallway giant to fire up the flame traps.

I have no idea why they aggro the giants.

Devs:
“We have read your concerns, and are responding. The scorpions will no longer need to be picked up. The staff, too, no longer requires pickup, as the octagons-mechanic has been disabled from the quest. This change, however, requires the elimination of the guardian scorpions. Our data indicates this is the typical path players take. We hope you appreciate this change, and see you in game!”

Asterphen

It is not feasible to get rid of the nonsensical beginning of a quest, or nonsensical monologues by villians either for that matter.

Unfortunately to get rid of a nonsensical part of a quest would imply that everything else in the game is sensical. As it is part of video game in which I could play a fantasy character with mythical capabilities embattled in an imaginary world embattling the same villans over and over who orate their same monologues over and over. It would make sense to have to only kill a villain once, but I opt to do the nonsesical things rpetitively. It would make sense to remember where the traps are, but I charge blindly into them over and over. It would make sense to click on spiders lightly so I do not smush them, but I click on them hard enough that I am shocked they are still alive afterward.

saekee

long live ROGUE
It is not feasible to get rid of the nonsensical beginning of a quest, or nonsensical monologues by villians either for that matter.

Unfortunately to get rid of a nonsensical part of a quest would imply that everything else in the game is sensical. As it is part of video game in which I could play a fantasy character with mythical capabilities embattled in an imaginary world embattling the same villans over and over who orate their same monologues over and over. It would make sense to have to only kill a villain once, but I opt to do the nonsesical things rpetitively. It would make sense to remember where the traps are, but I charge blindly into them over and over. It would make sense to click on spiders lightly so I do not smush them, but I click on them hard enough that I am shocked they are still alive afterward.
it isn’t the quest or anything that is nonsensical per se—it is a bug. They use to disappear in the past upon clicking them. Now they don’t. This is the gripe.

Asterphen

I get the gripe, I am right there with ya. I just feel like they are doing a great job of being scorpions. Scorpions don't ever really listen to me anyway, so I just figured this was no exception. When I am in this quest I just figured it was all part of the experience. I click on a scorpion. I click on another scorpion. I click on another scorpion. Cinnamon and gravy, that was the same scorpion. Then I wonder why all the scorpions look the same. Then I feel bad because that sentiment is not nice to the scorpions. So then I try and do a better job of concentrating on the fact that each scorption is different and unique. When push comes to shove, I would rather feel frustrated about clicking on scorpions multiple times than having to think about scorpions that big crawling up my pants.

See, proving my point showing how little I care about the scorpions, I called them spiders. I had to edit the post and change all the spiders to scorpions. No wonder they don't listen to me.

Last edited:

Cheeps

Tired Member
If you tell the dev's the giants in that quest are hopping around, they'll do a full "pass" of the quest.

But talking about broken scorpions won't even make them try to remember what quest claw of vulkoor is.