Crystal Cove

Tremes

Have the dev's decided not to have CC this year? Or did they perhaps just forget? I know most ppl already have everything, but we have a few new players in our guild that could benefit from the eq and experience.

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm
Mid September. Close to Talk like a Pirate day...
I really hope they have it this year! Will be super disappointed if they don't.

Driaza

Was just about to ask the same thing so bumping

any official response? would be nice to have this at least once per year :)

Tulosin

I really miss CC. Isn't it supposed to happen 2 to 3 times a year? It's already mid-September. Miss my Cove!!!

Daemos

Wiki says September 14th, 2023 start date. My calendar says September 14th, 2023...did I miss something?

Was/Am looking forward to it. My wife was thrilled. When we restarted DDO a couple of months back, her character had been waiting in the Rook's Gambit since 2012!

Needed to ask since its been like..8 years since I last did CC. What are the most important/decent items to grab? I know I still have the spy glass on one of my chars with a bunch of gold,silver,copper doubloons? ( I don't remmeber what their called I have to double check) but I don't remember the rest of the CC loot.

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm
Ring of the Buccaneer is pretty useful. I suspect it depends on the type of character & weapons are subjective too. I do like the ship-chaplains side arm & the +2 strength augment is nice.

seph1roth5

Only items I still use are lv 4 ring of the bucaneer (for dex, good luck, and underwater action in time for jibbers!), and um....the lv 20 armor? Sometimes?

vryxnr

The things that I find useful:

Diamond of Festive Strength +2
Treasure Hunter's Spyglass (as a swap in as needed)
Ring of the Buccaneer (only while leveling)

C-Dog

There is also the Bottomless Flask of Rum, an endless Heal pot, which can be handy, depending. (Shares cooldown w/ other bottomless/eternal flasks, which is a problematic conflict for many.)

o CC Loot List

Only items I still use are lv 4 ring of the bucaneer (for dex, good luck, and underwater action in time for jibbers!),...
Level 4 is "in time" for an Epic quest?

(Sure you aren't thinking about the ML 20 version, +3 Luck etc? https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Ring_of_the_Buccaneer)

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm
There is also the Bottomless Flask of Rum, an endless Heal pot, which can be handy, depending. (Shares cooldown w/ other bottomless/eternal flasks, which is a problematic conflict for many.)
I was looking @ the Bottomless flask (which I totally missed due to it's more obscure location last time CC was here!). My only concern with the flask is that it sounds like the grind of doom to get it in a good place (and its bound to character I think).

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos
I was looking @ the Bottomless flask (which I totally missed due to it's more obscure location last time CC was here!). My only concern with the flask is that it sounds like the grind of doom to get it in a good place (and its bound to character I think).
It is bound to character but a heal+greater restoration are sometimes what you need.

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos
Wiki says September 14th, 2023 start date. My calendar says September 14th, 2023...did I miss something?

Was/Am looking forward to it. My wife was thrilled. When we restarted DDO a couple of months back, her character had been waiting in the Rook's Gambit since 2012!
Always make that your bind spot!

Jomee

Has Crystal Cove started? I just now got a treasure of crystal cove chest with doubloons in it while running immortality lessons.

C-Dog

I was looking @ the Bottomless flask... My only concern with the flask is that it sounds like the grind of doom to get it in a good place (and its bound to character I think).
Both are true. But once you get it, it's really handy!

The real problem is if you rely on one of the other flasks for
- cooldown is tied, so having one of the defensive ones running means no Heal, and vice versa. :/

Last edited: