Curse of Overloaded & Cleansing cards

Stoner66

It's good to be the King!
So now that SSG has decided to "punish" those that had multiple curses on items, making them have to hope the very low drop rate of the cleanser cards, when can we expect the cleansers to be in the DDO Store (or at least raise the drop rate)?? Or was it SSG's intention to cause the ASAH to raise the price for them. Almost 2000AS is RIDICULOUS! Sure hope they are priced similar to Sentient Toolkits, Bonepickers etc where 1 cost 150DP but 10 cost 250DP

Kessaran

To my understanding, they probably have no intention of introducing them to the store. Cards are all only available through play, so I suspect the cleansing will also be limited to drops. At any rate, 150DP for one of them and 10 for 250 is a massive slap in the face. They are like 50x rarer than either of the examples you listed.

Stoner66

It's good to be the King!
To my understanding, they probably have no intention of introducing them to the store. Cards are all only available through play, so I suspect the cleansing will also be limited to drops. At any rate, 150DP for one of them and 10 for 250 is a massive slap in the face. They are like 50x rarer than either of the examples you listed.
a slap in OUR faces....I agree!

Sheikra

/not signed

Would love to see the exploiters/dupers banned, but this is much funnier. I'd be in favor of the cards coming to the store I think, but they should be proportionally expensive.

SSG gotta get paid somehow, so feed the whales!

Sarlona Raiding

Punish is a relative word. I sold a card of cleansing for 999 a few weeks ago and felt good about it. I sold one for 1400 this week and probably underpriced it. I've quested alot since they started dropping and only pulled 2 so far. I feel it was all gain for me.

Sarlona Raiding

/not signed

Would love to see the exploiters/dupers banned, but this is much funnier. I'd be in favor of the cards coming to the store I think, but they should be proportionally expensive.

SSG gotta get paid somehow, so feed the whales!

I know so many people that ended up with double curses that didn't do it intentionally and never did anything intentionally. There are going to always be a few people with no self-control and a weakened ability to reason, but most people wouldn't even consider doing this intentionally and risk losing their account.

I didn't realize how this happened until watching it on a stream - seems people were doing it intentionally with disjunction and others had it happen by accident when pulling something out of their Tr cache. I wonder if they actually fixed the former and not the latter.

I think a far better solution would have been people with 2 curses had all curses removed and those with 3+ curses had this overburden curse. It's far less likely they would have punished people for accidently applying a 2nd curse after TR if they took that approach.

I wish SSG would enforce their forum code of conduct when people call out people as exploiters when it's not a clear case of exploiting. A bunch of innocent people I know were just called exploiters in this thread because they tr'd and didn't realize a curse was on an item because they couldn't see it - and apparantly neither could the cards.

rohmer

Personally I think if you ended up with a double curse you should be banned for all time from DDO.

Wait, I need to check my cursed weapons.

Drunken.dx

Suggestion for SSG to stop this crying from those who double cursed their entire BiS gear.
Put next weeks weekly code to give single Account bound card of curse cleaning. (acc bound to avoid those with multiple accounts form pooling them all on one acc)
that way those who unintentionally dopuble cursed will be able to cleanse their item.
as for those who "unintentionally" double cursed their entire gearset... who cares.

Sheikra

I know so many people that ended up with double curses that didn't do it intentionally and never did anything intentionally. There are going to always be a few people with no self-control and a weakened ability to reason, but most people wouldn't even consider doing this intentionally and risk losing their account.

I didn't realize how this happened until watching it on a stream - seems people were doing it intentionally with disjunction and others had it happen by accident when pulling something out of their Tr cache. I wonder if they actually fixed the former and not the latter.

I think a far better solution would have been people with 2 curses had all curses removed and those with 3+ curses had this overburden curse. It's far less likely they would have punished people for accidently applying a 2nd curse after TR if they took that approach.

I wish SSG would enforce their forum code of conduct when people call out people as exploiters when it's not a clear case of exploiting. A bunch of innocent people I know were just called exploiters in this thread because they tr'd and didn't realize a curse was on an item because they couldn't see it - and apparantly neither could the cards.
For the record, I am not calling everyone who had 2 curses exploiters. I was just saying that I was glad to see that the people who WERE exploiters were punished.

Airmaiden

I would suggest that SSG NOT do what they did to people's items, BUT in turn, wipe all curses from their items and put a (No curse possible on this item). That would allow these people to still use their gear, but teaches them a lesson at the same time!

Only my thoughts!

Ying

5000+ hours played
Even if curse cleaners were ubiquitous, the cursing system is terrible. There are 92 effects, and the chance of getting any one of them is not equal (some are heavily weighted as "common"). Gear and builds change far too often in this game to hope you get something useful before your gear gets replaced by something better, or you swap builds. And you can expect the majority of your gear to get replaced with the expansion this year, just like it did when Isle of Dread and Vecna Unleashed were released.

It's like the movie Wargames: The only winning move is not to play.

Jack Jarvis Esquire

I think they should remove the Overburdened curse as too many innocent folks are caught up. 🙁

That said I don't think the Devs would have acted so heavy handedly if the cheaters hadn't been so boastful about their exploit, so the innocent can blame the cheaters fair and square there.😡

As for the cards themselves, I like them. They are an OCD min-maxer's nightmare, I get that, but I don't view their design as being for that constituency. They're a nice bonus or a useless one depending on your luck. They've also made me re-farm some items in search of better curses (yeah, I'm one of those! 😂), and provide a nice uniqueness to items.🙂👍

Silverfox

It's like the movie Wargames: The only winning move is not to play.

It's no different than Slavers, and other crafting systems. Adopt early, exploit often, deal with the changes.

The best thing to do when any new system is released is collect the mats, don't use them and wait for the fallout and then begin using the system.

It might take 3 to 6 months or in the case of Slavers it took years.

erethizon1

I would suggest that SSG NOT do what they did to people's items, BUT in turn, wipe all curses from their items and put a (No curse possible on this item). That would allow these people to still use their gear, but teaches them a lesson at the same time!

Only my thoughts!
Are you saying the curse of the overloaded prevents the use of the item? I thought it just made an item function as though it had no curses at all on it (which is similar to your suggestion, except you suggest that it be an unfixable condition).

Airmaiden

Are you saying the curse of the overloaded prevents the use of the item? I thought it just made an item function as though it had no curses at all on it (which is similar to your suggestion, except you suggest that it be an unfixable condition).
I do not know anyone with this to verify. (Maybe someone can chime in here and let us know?)

If it is just an item that you can not curse again........then Cool...that is what would be fair......but (maybe it's just my assumption), but when I heard the word "over burden", that is what came to mind. Sorry for my assumption. (been gone from the game for about 3 months....just came back to get my 3 DL lives in)

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
The Curse of the Overloaded does nothing other than prevent a new Curse from being added until Curse of the Overloaded is removed.
Were you able track down the cause of the random cursing effect in the shared bank Steel? I sent you a mail about the possibble cause. Hope you red it...

T.O.

I got a cleansing card in a rem chest last weekend. Don't worry your day will come one day champ.