cursed cards and results

Nickodeamous

I have made 2 cursed items. So far I got +1 necromancy and +1 transmutation on my melee toon.

a swing and a miss!!!

anybody get anything cool yet?

PersonMan

Curse of the Commander - Legendary Salt-Pearl Ring
Curse of the Forest's Embrace - Legendary Cinderfingers
Curse of Major Perception - Attunement Gaze

rabidfox

The People's Champion
RNG was kind on this
1st_curse.jpg

Arcanoidal

Curse of Major Imbuement... +2 Fortune bonus to imbue dice.

Also did it on an item I use on a few toons (Deep Snow Boots) so I can pass to whom ever needs it. Of note and a tip of the hat to the devs, it did NOT destroy the existing reaper bonus on the item

Driaza

So its a random effect - of which there could be hundreds?

Then you cant just simply overwrite an effect you dont need / like - you need a cleansing card first?

Wow = talk about a Time sink!

I like the new quests.
I am ok with the event - for a while at least (dont like the champs on regular quests but hey can live with it for a bit)
But these cards are ridiculous no?

At least make the effects really matter if its going to take ages to get what you want... +1 necromancy ??? really? Make it +5 and then worth the grind no?

CBDunk

Make it +5 and then worth the grind no?

That's kind of the point... these Fortune bonus effects were meant to be fun small random bonuses that are NOT worth grinding to get just the right one on each piece of equipment.

Indeed, in the first preview they didn't even have the super rare cleansing cards... you just got a result and that item was stuck with it for all time. When they added the cleansers it wasn't so that you could perfect your gear... that would literally take YEARS of dedicated daily grinding, by which time that gear would be obsolete. Rather, the cleansers are there in the event you get a completely worthless effect (e.g. my favorite example is +2 rune arm DCs, on an orb) you have a chance to eventually try again.

Thorntoe

If anyone could post some examples of drop rates for the cards, that would be very helpful.

I'll start. I ran Pilgrims on Normal and found 1 card in the optional chest, and 1 card in the end chest.

(I run solo on an underpowered character, going to be a long haul to make a deck)

Ying

5000+ hours played
Quantity of card drops are based on the difficulty run:

Normal - 1
Hard - 2
Elite - 3
Reaper (any skull) - 4

Those are floor values, not the ceiling. There are some "jackpot" runs were you will get way more than that, or get all four card types instead of a single card type. For example, there were times that I received 12 of one type of card.

Here's one data point about how many cards were obtained from Pilgrim's after ransacking it on R1, including the Glabrezu optional:

datapoint_pilgrim_ransack_with_opt.png

YMMV.

PersonMan

Quantity of card drops are based on the difficulty run:

Normal - 1
Hard - 2
Elite - 3
Reaper (any skull) - 4

Those are floor values, not the ceiling. There are some "jackpot" runs were you will get way more than that, or get all four card types instead of a single card type. For example, there were times that I received 12 of one type of card.

Here's one data point about how many cards were obtained from Pilgrim's after ransacking it on R1, including the Glabrezu optional:

datapoint_pilgrim_ransack_with_opt.png

YMMV.
Jackpot r1 I have seen 12,16, and 20 for the main card. The other 3 cards were generally 4 in quantity, but rarely one would have 8.
Jackpot norm that I saw was 4,1,1,1