Cursed Words on Crit?

JustBearly

I was considering a build using the Dark Apostate, but a friend of mine is telling me that the bane damage from Cursed Words does not apply to the curse you deliver on critical hits using Enhanced Curse III. Has anyone tried this, and know for sure? I'd love to be an undead vaporizing machine, but if the EC3 curse doesn't apply the CW damage I might just pull out of the Apostate for my imbue build altogether.

Mokune

I was considering a build using the Dark Apostate, but a friend of mine is telling me that the bane damage from Cursed Words does not apply to the curse you deliver on critical hits using Enhanced Curse III. Has anyone tried this, and know for sure? I'd love to be an undead vaporizing machine, but if the EC3 curse doesn't apply the CW damage I might just pull out of the Apostate for my imbue build altogether.
EC3 does not apply the undead bane damage. Tier 5 Ultimate Heresy does give opponents stacks of Vulnerability on a Crit which can stack fast and is nice. However, you only get the added bane damage if you cast Cursed Words or Bestow Curse spell on undead.

Scrag

Weirdly, i have had very little success with turn undead, but rather raw dps from da + dd slas and straight light fire spells. Cursed words simply had a fractional value compared to dps from dd combined with melee from da

Mokune

In R1 Epics @ level, Cha as 2nd stat, no TU feats & level appropriate Cha and Silver Flame gear I destroy only one epic undead at a time with Turn Undead. If they are Deathblocked/Warded they go to non-active "turned" state. DD is nice with DA. I did that build last life. I skipped DD this life and put more in Falconry and DA. I agree the additional damage vs undead that Cursed Words does is marginal but it has a 0 SP cost and -4 debuff to mobs, attacks, skills and saves. I have seen the Undead Bane damage rider hit for just over 3k w/o spell dps focused gear so it is pretty meh but I there is some utility working a low CD 0 SP bane damage spell vs some mobs. The OP originally asked if the Curse applied through melee attacks with Enhanced Curse III also did extra damaged versus undead.