Cyborg U66

Epicsoul

I'm following this build during an arti PL, it feels so good to play the class right now with the AOE attakcs, expanded clip, and things triggering on all 4 shots like the epic strike. I took Scion of the Ethereal Plane instead of Air, and Improved Precision instead of the Paladin PL (mostly for clearing slayers, lol).

You could take Embodiment of Law instead of Enhanced Elemental Dice at L31, it's strictly better.
I’m happy to hear you’re enjoying Artificer and the build!

atavus

How would you spend your point first? Would do the harper tree first? Sorry still kind of new to this game but love being a robot lol

Epicsoul

How would you spend your point first? Would do the harper tree first? Sorry still kind of new to this game but love being a robot lol
I would take INT to hit in Harper and then go for your first AOE attack in Battle Engineer.

Aggy

Just wanted to give some feedback after playing this build (subbed a few feats, I have to learn the hard way, always ...)
In the end I dropped improved precise shot, as you did. I noticed that mobs rarely lined up well enough that I could take full advantage of it. Without it you do 20% more damage of the bat and with the new AOE attacks this is even more noticable. In high reaper you don't necessarily want all the aggro before the melees get a chance to take some aggro. I really liked the build to (my surprise?), as I don't usually play ranged chars in DDO due to desyncing and lag. This chars and probably all ranged chars performance is quite dependent on dungeon layout. The larger area dungeons are insanely fun to play, small tunnels with mobs bunching up are not as fun, though the aoe's really help, especially the mass trip.
I landed surprisingly high on the kill list in r10 quests. The damage was pretty great and with the 90 standing INT (94 in Reaper) I didn't even have swap to disable items with the exception of raids, where I just wanted to make sure. Ended up with good saves (no fail evasion) and the defenses were ok. Next time I would perhaps try without body feat for a higher dodge, but less MRR. Will see how that turns out.

All in all had a great time playing this after years of not playing ranged or a trapper and will probably come back to it, bookmarked it for sure. Thanks again for sharing such a detailed build on here.

RedPiety

well i now know what i'm going to tr Redmech into, 20 wf caster arti while fun was expensive ... i think I have all the gear , we will see and tyvm for the post

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm
While I haven't used this build as a template, I have been pulling quite a bit from it for already existing characters (and will no doubt be using for newer ones).
Thanks again for posting this up Epicsoul!

Hakoist

I have ran an epic life from 21-32 close to this build. I enjoyed it a lot and the damage is really nice. The burst damage from fusillade is amazing. Sometimes I can lead in kill count.

Feat: Instead of extend and Pal PL, I took SWF for hp and IPS for occasional multi-target. As suggested by Droid somewhere, it might give more to take Dodge/Mobiliy/Shot on the run, dropping weapon focus ranged.

Enhancement: as a non completionist, I drop points from Harper (11points taking know the angle) and WF, the int to damage is not required. Not sure if you can get better use somewhere cause you are going deep for those atk damage.

Epic destiny: I drop points from shadowdancer and fatesinger. I am not satisfied with the aoe strike from fatesinger. It would have some delay before shooting and the aoe effect is worse.

Gear: I don’t have all the serious gearing and filigree. Lv21-29 I use some borderlands. Lv23 I take out my old CITW repeater. Lv32 I used vecna 3 pieces and 5 pieces, renovator from the new pack. Still I think I am giving out some dps.

Again, I enjoyed this build a lot. Thanks for putting all this together.

Last edited: