DA pray for mercy question

Jodro

Hello everyone,
Does Pray for mercy damage (1d4 if you use bane/prayer, doubled if use them on cursed) scales with evil/light spellpower?Metamagic extra spellpower doesn't apply right?
Same question about DAs bestow curse sla (6d6 damage on undead)

seph1roth5

I don't think it does, that's why they added the ability to metamagic them up. I did a DA life a few months ago and was very unimpressed with those.

glass_jaws

Pray for Mercy does scale on light/alignment spellpower. It's just the base damage is really bad.

The damage on undead with the curse is bane damage which should scale on force spellpower, but I haven't tested it.

glass_jaws

Also I have been noticing a lot of enemies are totally immune to the Pray for Mercy effects. I am trying to keep a list but marks of law, pandemoium, fey champs all seem immune. Wood woads in general seem immune as well.

glass_jaws

For those that care, I figured out why the Pray for Mercy was failing. Anything immune to enchantment spells are immune to the damage as well.

ChaoticDrivel

@glass_jaws I've been fairly underwhelmed by Dark Apostate as a whole; certainly the Prayer/Bless/Bane/Curse stuff it wants to do.

Do those get better at later levels, with more caster levels - enough to warrant keeping them? In Heroics, they are weaksauce thus far. I can easily do 5x their damage with Holy Smite. And I'm skeptical, that will change much.

glass_jaws

I would love to say yes but the evil damage is never viable. I run a death domain full negative build that I'm happy with most of the time. Other times it's totally miserable (constructs primarily or undead bosses).

Non boss undead are fine with turning and death to undead.

ChaoticDrivel

Thanks for the response.

I think if their curse was aoe, stripped neg immunity, as well as deathblock, but cost some HP to cast - that would give the class some distinction.

As it is - I think it's a missed opportunity. I just want to go Divine Disciple instead and TR, instead of playing a Dark Apostate. That shouldn't be the feeling when playing any class/archetype.

glass_jaws

Yeah there are a few things I think the curse should have even if they didn't bump the evil damage. I would love to see the curse ignore spell resistance. This sounds inane, but because it has spell resistance it can't land on the things we really need it on (golems). With constructs generally being immune to negative on top of only taking half the base evil damage, we have very little tools to deal with them. If the curse at least landed on them we would get our "full" evil damage before the half reduction.

Honestly I think the damage should be 1d6+2 at least instead of the base 1d6 (after upgrade). It's just too low as is. I use the prayer SLA but it's not for the damage. Just nice to have a quick prayer, and the damage is a tiny bonus.

And god if the curse stripped negative immunity, I would dance to the high heavens. I don't expect that will ever happen though.

I am running 41 points in Divine Disciple on my build, but T5s in Dark Apostate. The 200% spellpower harm is soooooooo good for healing in high reapers. I can overheal myself to full without a crit on R6 with it. I run 1100 spellpower though. :)