DDO Expansion Trove!

Xorlarrin

Anyone know if you buy DDO Expansion Trove! for $59 do you get all the extras the individual packs came with?

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
Unfortunately the current version of the expansion trove only includes the base edition of the three original packs, which means the pre-order bonuses and Collector's Edition rewards are no longer available to purchase.

Honestly? I would just wait until the next time a free quest code comes out - while one's active, you can pick up any of the expansions up to (currently) Masterminds of Sharn for 99DP.

Xorlarrin

Thank you, trying to give me more options for Favor. To get to 5000 favor I have to scrape up nearly every single quest as I only have Venca and VIP status currently. Just on 2nd life.

Ethnyae

one thing that has been a persistent annoyance is how that newer players who didn't play back when say Ravenloft had the supporter pack available have no apparent way to get the fast-travel clickie. doesn't SEEM to be a way to get that now, that i can tell.

PurpleSerpent

one thing that has been a persistent annoyance is how that newer players who didn't play back when say Ravenloft had the supporter pack available have no apparent way to get the fast-travel clickie. doesn't SEEM to be a way to get that now, that i can tell.
There isn't, but a dev post from earlier this month suggests that they're thinking of offering these items again in some way in the future. Maybe they'll find their way into the DDO Store.

Blunt Hackett

Something else to note, when they've given the quest code out that gives players almost all of the adventure packs and challenges, the expansions in that pack went for 99 DDO points each. It isn't known if this will happen again, but I would at least consider that. You could just get the expansion or two you really want for points and hope the rest go cheap again in the future.

PurpleSerpent

Something else to note, when they've given the quest code out that gives players almost all of the adventure packs and challenges, the expansions in that pack went for 99 DDO points each. It isn't known if this will happen again, but I would at least consider that. You could just get the expansion or two you really want for points and hope the rest go cheap again in the future.
I mean, they've done it once a year for the last four years now, so they almost certainly will in the future, although that will probably be a few months into 2024.

Worth noting that Masterminds of Sharn was also available this way last time - Fables of the Feywild might well be added to the list next year.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Another reason to give players an incentive to check in to the game. Since concurrency is down..

Owlbear

If you want to buy The Trove your best option is wait till holiday sales (black friday and xmas in this case). It will probably get like a 75% discount again.

vryxnr

wait.... doesn't vip give you the adventure packs anyway?
Expansions and adventure packs are technically different things.

The expansion trove gives you the Menace of the Underdark, Shadowfell Conspiracy, and Ravenloft expansions.

VIP does give you access to all adventure packs, but not expansions.

Wildtype

oh i see so it is said that when the *offer happens* you can get the 2 early expansions for basically less than a dollar? Got it
4 early expansions, really, if it's same as last time, each for 'a dollar', although you should have the points for it without cash if you so choose:
  1. Menace of the Underdark
  2. Shadowfell Conspiracy
  3. Curse of Strahd
  4. Masterminds of Sharn.