Devil May Pay quest bugged out a lot

Elves United

*some spoilers for devil may pay quest*

Soloing with an inquisitive
( I always solo quests before running them with others )

First Attempt: R4
Thrown potions often fail. Determined it happens when the potion lands on a carpet. ( and sometimes a wall ) Not sure if it is intentional.
The bearded devils often have moments of invulnerability. For a second or two they become untargetable.
This makes the end fight impossible.

Second attempt: R2
Same problems above but more manageable at lower reaper.
The bank broker never becomes fightable again after after the second wave even though all the bearded devils are dead.

Third attempt:: R1
Maybe the bug from the last attempt was a fluke. Victory except ....
I forgot to talk to calliope at the beginning of the quest. And now I can no longer complete as she only accepts the 2nd conversation option.

Fourth attempt: R1
The bank broker once again does not become fightable after the second wave of bearded are all dead.

Fifth attempt: Elite ( i just want the favor at this point )
The bank broker once again does not become fightable after the third wave of bearded are all gone.
But this time I saw them do it. Some bearded devils that I had not killed yet went to the front door and just left.

Sixth attempt: Elite
I have a theory. I turn off the auto-diplomacy ability of the inquisitive.
I complete the quest one final time and finally ..... quest completion!
Did I get lucky or was my theory correct?

Nandos

I just tried this one in a group on heroic. The bank broker did not become attackable in ours either. She kept saying she's busy when trying to speak with her. Someone joined the group late and was standing on the other side of the blue forcefield in front of her so I don't know if they did anything.

DilemmaEnder

Thelanis Player
I ran the Quest 5 times over the weekend, with 3 different groups, on difficulties ranging from Legendary Elite - Legendary Reaper 8.

The first time through the Inquisitive in the group was reporting that far more than normal of his attacks were being discounted (I.E. just not registering at all). By the time we got back up to the top (end fight) he was really paying attention to it. Basically each wave release had it happen for a while after the wave was set in motion. Ranged attacks just were useless for 5-10 seconds quite often at the beginning of each wave.

We also had to restart the first run as the broker failed to come out of her shielded stance after the 2nd wave. We assumed that there was a mob that teleported into a wall or out of bounds somehow during it's wave release and was now unable to be killed. The Inquisitive had been positioned atop the book cases on the wall nearest the entry way and we figure a mob teleported through the wall there and got stuck outside.

We decided to restart the quest and try it without him positioning against the wall (he made sure to leave enough room beside himself for the mobs to teleport beside and behind him). We were able to complete this run without issue though he did report a lot of dead ranged attacks at the beginning of each wave release in both wave encounters.

For context, my Melee and Spell attacks acted normally as did everyone elses. Only Ranged Autos seemed to be problematic.

The other 3 runs went ok, though I did warn the 2 Inquisitives about my earlier experiences and both of them reported many lost shots during the wave encounters. They seemed to find that they could not connect until about 3-8 seconds after I was already successfully hitting my Melee attacks.

None of the other runs required any sort of restart. I am guessing that staying clear of the walls when the waves release solved the teleporting devil problem.

Elves United

We decided to restart the quest and try it without him positioning against the wall (he made sure to leave enough room beside himself for the mobs to teleport beside and behind him). We were able to complete this run without issue though he did report a lot of dead ranged attacks at the beginning of each wave release in both wave encounters.

During my 5th attempt I was in the middle of the room. I saw some of the bearded devils teleport to the front door of the bank, facing it. And then they disappeared never to return. Maybe they left to attack the Calliope NPC outside of the bank?

Natashaelle

Time Bandit
First Attempt: R4
Thrown potions often fail. Determined it happens when the potion lands on a carpet. ( and sometimes a wall ) Not sure if it is intentional.
The bearded devils often have moments of invulnerability. For a second or two they become untargetable.
This makes the end fight impossible.
I succeeded first go, in HE, with an archer character, but I could only reliably hit the devils by standing on one of the desks, or by standing in a central part of the room well away from the walls and well away from the boss desk.

DBZ

On my alchemist i always take flame pillars for when pots fizzle and the will save on all evasion mobs so handy good cc too

Did you test light or flame pillars they might help