dino orange set augments question

Scrag

The augment in the dino crafting window is clearly an orange augment.

However, from the wiki, these cannot be slotted into dino weapons? Only skellie raid gear? Is that accurate?

I need the 5 piece bonus, but the dino weapon I am using is fairly useless if I cant get a set bonus out of it.

If I craft the dread set bonus augment, will it even work in the dino weapon, or is the wiki correct and this is not _actually_ an orange augment?

Thanks!

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
The augments in the Dinosaur Bone Crafting system are not standard coloured augments, and won't go into coloured augment slots. The Set Bonus augments only go into items with a Set Bonus slot, which only includes the armour, cloak and helm from the raid. To get a set bonus on your weapon, you'll need to get an Attuned Bone weapon from Skeletons in the Closet - these come with The Legendary Dread Isle's Curse pre-installed, and also deal slightly more damage than the standard Dinosaur Bone weapons. They drop in the Mountain Keeper Kopru chest, so if you get a group up, you can ransack that chest without having to worry about raid timers, or you can buy them with raid runes.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
The augments in the Dinosaur Bone Crafting system are not standard coloured augments, and won't go into coloured augment slots. The Set Bonus augments only go into items with a Set Bonus slot, which only includes the armour, cloak and helm from the raid. To get a set bonus on your weapon, you'll need to get an Attuned Bone weapon from Skeletons in the Closet - these come with The Legendary Dread Isle's Curse pre-installed, and also deal slightly more damage than the standard Dinosaur Bone weapons. They drop in the Mountain Keeper Kopru chest, so if you get a group up, you can ransack that chest without having to worry about raid timers, or you can buy them with raid runes.
Just to clarify for the OP; the armor/cloak/helm can drop in the Kopru chest, but not the attuned weapons as those come out of the end chest (or for raid runes).

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
Just to clarify for the OP; the armor/cloak/helm can drop in the Kopru chest, but not the attuned weapons as those come out of the end chest (or for raid runes).
Ah, yes, my mistake. (It's the central end chest, so you don't need to do the optional, but most groups do so by default nowadays anyway.)