Disable auto-equip random loot

Mand O'Lin

Singer of Songs Drinker of Drinks
I would like to see an option to disable the auto-equipping of gear (your focus is on) when you press the <enter> key. It is REALLY damned annoying to find yourself wielding the wrong weapon, or losing a gear set bonus because you inadvertently equipped some random piece loot.

Upvote 1

Eltronin

Kobolds don't matter
So you have an item selected, you hit enter (which equips the item) and you are upset that you equip it?

Mand O'Lin

Singer of Songs Drinker of Drinks
So you have an item selected, you hit enter (which equips the item) and you are upset that you equip it?
Not selected in inventory, but the item your characters focus is on (<q> key). There are times my focus is on some random loot I just picked up and if I inadvertently press the <enter> key, the gear is equipped. If you see some random loot on the ground, <q> to select it, <e> to pick it up. If you then press the enter key before changing your character's focus, you will equip the item.

Zaszgul

You can overcome this with a macro.

I have one in Autohotkey. When I press the middle mouse button, it will:
select me (essentially clear any current target)
select nearest object
interact with it
select me again

#IfWinActive ^Dungeons and Dragons Online$ MButton:: Send {Blind}{f1}{Backspace}{\} Send {Blind}{f1} return

Lacci

Huh, I didn´t even know there was an auto-equip function.
Before I read this thread, I was pretty sure enter would just open the chat, whether you´re focused on an item or not.
I can´t recall ever inadvertently auto-equipping anything.

Zaszgul

The game has several various pre-configured keybindings to choose from.

OPs is different than mine.
For me, Q and E are left/right strafe.
Backspace and \ are select object and interact, respectively (but I think only one of those was default for the keybinding I chose)

Biggdaddy

This happens to me all the time. Very annoying. My workaround is to dedicate a clickie-bar to my equipped items. That way I can see if this bug has equipped something.

When I pick up an item, it goes into my backpack (or a collectibles bag, or an ingredients bag, or a gem bag) , why does it stay in the focus orb?