DMG procs

Pano

Hi,
I want to know more about different damage procs on items. I have several questions.
  • Can I get more proc chance if I have the same procs on multiple gear? (like 2 weapons both with Flamefang)
  • Is Flamefang the same as Alchemical Fire Attunement? And are all elemental rings procs same as corresponding dino-crafted effects?
  • What are the proc chances for different effects like Alchemical Fire Attunement, Alchemical Water Attunement, Dripping with Magma, etc.
  • Does these procs have internal cooldowns?
  • What procs are BEST DPS? Have anybody tested? What procs do you prefer if at all?
Thanks for replies.

SpartanKiller13

1) Probably? But hard to test and likely not worth it.
2) Yes, the Bound Elemental Rings, Dino fangs, etc are the same effects and don't stack with duplicates. Dripping with Magma (from Red Dragonscale or some weapons etc) is a fire version of the Meltfang Acid proc and will stack with Fire Attunement.
3) I think the conventional wisdom/testing is 1.5-2% for the big procs (Fire/Electric Attunement) for somewhere in the 4-10k range (high Doubleshot gets better results obvs), but the DoT's (Acid, Ice, Magma) are all 100% proc rate (before ICD). Acid & Magma both also apply when you hit the enemy as well, which is busted. Ice applies all 10 stacks immediately, but you can't re-apply until all stacks fall off which is bleh.
4) 1s ICD, got added to Magma and I think bled over into Acid from what I've read.
5) Acid & Magma are clear winners. They do hilarious damage (5-600/hit, depends obvs on build), stack super fast, and apply most hits as well (if 86 attacks/minute and 1s ICD you miss a few). Flame & Spark are second place, but it's a distant second. The rest are meaningless these days for DPS.

Based on what I've read, testing from other people, and a bit of my own.

Fisto Mk I

Can I get more proc chance if I have the same procs on multiple gear? (like 2 weapons both with Flamefang)
It depends... 8)
For some, like Flamefang - yea. For some, like Sovereign Lightning Strike - no.
Is Flamefang the same as Alchemical Fire Attunement? And are all elemental rings procs same as corresponding dino-crafted effects?
Yea and yea.
What are the proc chances for different effects like Alchemical Fire Attunement, Alchemical Water Attunement, Dripping with Magma, etc.
It depends again...
Mostly non-100% have 2% chance, some - 1.5%, some - 5%. Check wiki for each effect for exactly correct answer.
Does these procs have internal cooldowns?
Some. Usual DoT proc have it, and one-time effects - not.
What procs are BEST DPS? Have anybody tested? What procs do you prefer if at all?

For non-spell proc it's DwM and Acid Attunement undoubted, as SpartanKiller13 say, for spell-proc it Sounding and Radiant Glory possible.

Pano

For non-spell proc it's DwM and Acid Attunement undoubted, as SpartanKiller13 say, for spell-proc it Sounding and Radiant Glory possible.
Sounding is 4-24 on harmful spell cast - seems super low compared to others

oh... it scales with SP, doesnt it?

Reactions: DBZ

gravisrs

From DDO EU servers
Sounding and Radiant glory has now ICD [0,25s and 1s], so it's useless now. Meteor procs only 2 sounding effects. Chain/force/magic missiles only once.

Magma procs on spells since U50 (dragon armor only, maybe also demon engine) so it's the best choice. Paired with fire Attunement (cuz fire spell power) is best spell-proc on the table now.

I am not sure if having 2 same Attunement sources (eg 2 Elemental rings of fire) stacks, but the proc rate is high and you'll still be blocked by ICD before applying 2nd proc anyway. But having electric attunement on second ring has prolly separate ICD for lightning proc so it's prolly a better choice.

Last edited:

Mesmerin

I did see a table at one point which had all the different procs listed (disintegration, etc), with what the average additional damage per hit was for each proc, but buggered if I can find it now.

[edit] I remember now, it was on the spell touched page on the wiki - https://ddowiki.com/page/Spelltouched

Last edited:

Fisto Mk I

oh... it scales with SP, doesnt it?
It is. 8)
Magma procs on spells since U50 (dragon armor only, maybe also demon engine) so it's the best choice. Paired with fire Attunement (cuz fire spell power) is best spell-proc on the table now.
DwM provide flat non-scaling damage, average 105 per stack per cast, any mobs exclude boss don't live enough long to build full stacks, 1s ICD. And... 75% mobs in game resist/immune/healing from Fire. 8)

Sounding, other hand, with 0.25 ICD and 14 scaling with SP proc twice on Meteor Shower, as you say, so with 1000 Resonance SP it's 280 per cast.

I am not sure if having 2 same Attunement sources (eg 2 Elemental rings of fire) stacks, but the proc rate is high and you'll still be blocked by ICD before applying 2nd proc anyway. But having electric attunement on second ring has prolly separate ICD for lightning proc so it's prolly a better choice.

All chances from independent sources stacks. Proc rate for Fire/Electric same as for LGS homologs - 2%. It's not high at my taste. So second best is Water Attunement with 100% proc rate. 8)

Pano

hmm... now I need to do the math if +3 quality deadly is better than the acid proc (cannot have both) on a swf build.

DBZ

Has anyone tested vulkoors bite proc says 1d3 level drains on attacks and spells that could be fun

DBZ

And the legendary vulkoors set bonus and says chance ? and should be aoe not single

If your saying its a 100 percent chance thats not bad

Do you have a legendary perfected vulkoorims pendant

Last edited:

Kessaran

And the legendary vulkoors set bonus and says chance ? and should be aoe not single

If your saying its a 100 percent chance thats not bad

Do you have a legendary perfected vulkoorims pendant
It's a 100% chance but has a 30 second ICD. Meaning for pretty much every mob you'd get a single 1d3 level drain out of the effect. Not including the fact that Legendary Monster (the buff) massively increases restore rate of energy drain effects. You'd almost never get higher than 3 levels drained.

The level drain proc is for any effect that causes level drain. To my understanding there's no way to proc more than 1-3 level drain off a weapon attack every 30s. This might have changed recently but that's how it's always been.

DBZ

One of the only procs that will work with spells if its on all aoe casts

Free debuffs on the rotations

Ying

5000+ hours played
Hot take: The only damage proc that matters is Meltfang, also found on the Bound Elemental Ring of Acid. The majority of mobs in the game are not immune or resistant to acid damage, and only a handful are healed by it. Any proc that has a 2% chance (or less) to proc might as well not exist because it's so infrequent. If you're using the air, water or fire versions you're doing it wrong. Dripping with Magma is a good proc. The problem with it is that outside of the FoM runearm, it's only on Red Dragon Armor. While Dragon Lords could bypass fire immunity on a mob, it means you aren't using Dino Armor so you're 3% dstrike/dshot and 2d6 SA dice behind, on top of the Dread Stalker set bonuses you're losing out on.

Scale Dino weapon augments should be chosen based on the DR breaking ability they provide. 15d6 elemental damage is incidental because it doesn't scale with melee/ranged power.

Last edited: