Do Zarigan's (Rare) Filigrees exist?

J-2

The Zarigan's Arcane Enlightenment set consists of at least seven normal filigrees typed with:
CHARISMA​
FORCE ABSORPTION​
FORCE SPELL POWER​
INTELLIGENCE​
PRR​
SPELL POINTS​
WISDOM​

Usually, a set has it's normal filigrees as well as "(RARE)" versions that come with a second bonus. The second bonus is quite often just PRR or MRR.

Since their inception and deployment, I've managed to accumulate a grand total of ZERO rare versions with a second bonus for the Zarigan's Arcane enlightenment. It's the only family of filigrees I haven't ever seen a rare for.

Do the Rare versions exist? Does anyone actually have one?

I'm not referring to the dual filigree with voltaic experiment for Intelligence either.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
It's in the same locations as Shattered Device; of which I have zero rares. The drop rates on those rares is sooooooooo bad that can't even tell if they're dropping or not. Gen2 filigrees are horible if you want them in rares.

Bjond

Just searched my rares and found 2 Zarigan PRR rares, but none of the other Zarigans. So, they exist, but they're uh, rare. I have tons of many of the other rares.

Pomari

At this time I can confidently say that all gen 2 filigree drop locations will NOT drop rares on any reaper setting. You have to run elite or lower to even have a chance at them dropping. So most people are running at least r1 and thus an artificial scarcity. On top of that the drop rate of rares is still lower than every other zone. I have ton a few hundred lootings of r10 chests versus LE chests and found exactly 0 rares on reaper and about 7% drop rate of rares on elite. Certain sets seem to be rarer than others as well in the drop lists (looking at you shattered device) making it even harder to get specific rares.

Ying

5000+ hours played
The issue with rare filigree not dropping has supposedly been "fixed" in three different patches, but it really hasn't been fixed.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Non-rares I have...
|
sfQFdBA.jpg

Meanwhile, zero rares. Same kind of ratios for shattered device (zero rares) and few other gen2 rares.

J-2

Just searched my rares and found 2 Zarigan PRR rares, but none of the other Zarigans. So, they exist, but they're uh, rare. I have tons of many of the other rares.
Interesting. I don't doubt you, but would love to know where and when they dropped.

J-2

At this time I can confidently say that all gen 2 filigree drop locations will NOT drop rares on any reaper setting. You have to run elite or lower to even have a chance at them dropping. So most people are running at least r1 and thus an artificial scarcity. On top of that the drop rate of rares is still lower than every other zone. I have ton a few hundred lootings of r10 chests versus LE chests and found exactly 0 rares on reaper and about 7% drop rate of rares on elite. Certain sets seem to be rarer than others as well in the drop lists (looking at you shattered device) making it even harder to get specific rares.
I can tell you that I've logged many hundred runs of Sharn on both Hard and Elite, and they don't drop any better on those difficulties. I do get rares to drop sometimes, but never a zarigan.

J-2

The issue with rare filigree not dropping has supposedly been "fixed" in three different patches, but it really hasn't been fixed.
I suspect they got down to the 'W' portion of the list and then called it an early day.

J-2

It's in the same locations as Shattered Device; of which I have zero rares. The drop rates on those rares is sooooooooo bad that can't even tell if they're dropping or not. Gen2 filigrees are horible if you want them in rares.
I do have all Shattered Device Normals.

As for it's rare members, I have 'Attack And Damage, MRR and Melee Power'.
I do not have any rares for 'Armor Piercing, PRR, Ranged Power or Strength'.

Bjond

Interesting. I don't doubt you, but would love to know where and when they dropped.

I have no idea. It's not a filigree that is interesting to me. It could have dropped on HC. I seriously doubt I've ever run live Sharn less than R1, but I might have run Elite on HC if I was trying to pre-farm something when a bit under level, but I have no recollection of doing that in S8 and can't recall for S5.

It's too bad we don't have something like Thott-Bot for DDO. The drop-data from that thing was priceless.

They really should do something like add a 5:1 trade-in to acquire rare filies. It shouldn't be easier to get raid-rares than regular ones.

J-2

I have no idea. It's not a filigree that is interesting to me. It could have dropped on HC. I seriously doubt I've ever run live Sharn less than R1, but I might have run Elite on HC if I was trying to pre-farm something when a bit under level, but I have no recollection of doing that in S8 and can't recall for S5.

It's too bad we don't have something like Thott-Bot for DDO. The drop-data from that thing was priceless.

They really should do something like add a 5:1 trade-in to acquire rare filies. It shouldn't be easier to get raid-rares than regular ones.
I hadn't considered the hardcore slant. I don't run on hardcore.
Am holding out for a softcore event that replaces all monsters in all dungeons with level 1 kobolds.

Would totally approve of a trade-up vendor.