does Meltfang damage stack with Bound Elemental Ring of Acid?

Marshal_Lannes

Choosing the fang depends on what level of quest you run. Meltfang and the elemental ring are coded as spell damage - so if you're running R8+ then there isn't much point in using them as their damage is dramatically scaled back due to the way spells are reduced. You're better off using Flamefang in that regard since it will at least do some damage when it goes off. The Acid dot in R10 is laughably small. If you are not running high Reaper legendary then Meltfang is fine and probably a better choice than the ring slot now since there are a lot of good ring options that didn't exist when the bound elemental ring came out.

Vox

The Acid dot in R10 is laughably small. If you are not running high Reaper legendary then Meltfang is fine and probably a better choice than the ring slot now since there are a lot of good ring options that didn't exist when the bound elemental ring came out.
With reasonable spell power isn't it ~>5% extra damage? That seems like it's worth it to me, especially the proc rate vs the 2% chance of the lightning & fire proc options.

Disregarding it on casters for a different ring also means forgoing chained elements, which can be challenging.

Fisto Mk I

They're the same effect just different objects providing them so they don't stack.
Of course they stack in terms proc 2 effect simultaneously instead only one, so you build full stacks twice faster. But it's all, because they use same channel.

I think flamefang is pretty popular to use.
With 2% chance to proc? No tnx. Next BiS is Water Attunement with 100% proc chance.
You're better off using Flamefang in that regard since it will at least do some damage when it goes off. The Acid dot in R10 is laughably small.
Lol, Flamefang do less damage than Acid DoT even in R10 because laughtable proc rate and same SP reduction. Suggestion about use other ring instead Acid, other hand, can be viable.

Last edited:
Reactions: DBZ

DBZ

Why is wiki so off these days looked at the water attunement and wiki says a chance of 10 stacks are you sure its 100

Fisto Mk I

Why is wiki so off these days looked at the water attunement and wiki says a chance of 10 stacks are you sure its 100
Yep. I have it, tested it and use it. At least, Alchemical crafted version have 100% chance to proc, not tested LGS and Dino version. 8)

Marshal_Lannes

Icefang is completely worthless in high reaper. It's something like 15 points of damage. Look, you can remove the augments so go try these out for yourself in R10 and come back and tell me how much you like it. If you haven't experienced it before you are going to be stunned at how much it is affected.

Fisto Mk I

Icefang is completely worthless in high reaper.

Sure. But... who talk about icefang? We talk about Alchemical Attunements. And it's simple: Earth >>Water>> Air/Fire. It's why majority players use Meltfang on primary Dino weapon, if they use Dino weapon. And for off-hand, if you use off-hand Dino/Alchemical, second BiS is Water (exclude Arty, they use DwM runearm).

It's something like 15 points of damage.

Cool. 15 >>0. So?

Look, you can remove the augments so go try these out for yourself in R10 and come back and tell me how much you like it. If you haven't experienced it before you are going to be stunned at how much it is affected.

What augments? Sorry, english not native for me, i just don't understand what you wanna say.

Believe or not, you're not single player who run R10. And majority, include Ying (and me, lol), use Meltfang, not Flamefang for primary weaponz. For off-hand is wide choice effects, i personally use Water attunement from my Alchemical SSword just because it's secondary BiS DD effect for my non-caster toons. Again, it's simple. 8)
And your suggestion use Flamefang instead Meltfang... it's just harmful advice.

Marshal_Lannes

People who had Meltfang slotted in Dino likely had that in before the nerfs to spell power in R++. I agree some damage is better than no damage, but my point is this - if you're expecting Meltfang to be this big DPS increase in R++ it isn't. That's my advice.

DBZ

If it was a 20 percent proc rate everyone would think about using it that 2 is just really low