Does Positive Energy Aura Scale Well in Epics?

AMess

Won't you be my neighbor?
I'm considering a front line cleric build using the Positive Energy Aura from the Radiant Servant tree. The concept is to do some minor dps, moderate AC, and the healing aura. Though, from what I'm reading in some older forum threads, this aura may not scale well into epics. I haven't seen any players that run it in epics, so maybe this is a dead tree?

Looking for advice before I re-roll.

AMess

Won't you be my neighbor?
I'm looking at 14 levels of Cleric & I'd be fine if it ticked about like Concretion from Divine Crusader Epic Destiny does on my 12Ranger/8Barb. Which is generally 250-450 depending on the recipients positive healing amplification.

Sturmbb

I have been thinking of making a cleric myself and using the healing Aura from T5. but from what I've tested on a lvl 15 iconic Morninglord. It is quite Terrible. In fact i really think the Radiant Servant tree is quite bad compared to other tree's. Most other tree's when i use T5 are great in epics and are really a great way to improve your character. ill give a quick list what i think of the T5 separate Enhancements

Positive Energy Aura Not only is it really weak. But it is also using your turn undead charges, which is also used by Positive energy burst (which is far superior), Divine Healing which is better, Martyrdom which is great for when you die (not great on HC though lol) as it brings everyone close by up to full health, Reactive Healing (not sure about this one)

Cure Focus still not sure about this one, i'm used to using the heal spell in epics, if it makes cure spells a lot more powerful than the heal spell than maybe, but the heal spell also does other things than just heal you. Which is really nice to have an all in one spell

Radiance Never tested it. if it also heals. than its an amazing ability which makes taking T5 worth it. is it using undead charges. if so your back to the problem with Positive Energy Aura having to make sure you have plenty of charges and also turn dead recovery.

Reactive Heal Never tested it, it sounds okay i suppose. but in Epics you can have people at 4k+ hp. so this ability would give back 6% hp which makes it sound dreadful lol

Divine Energy Resistance This is a fantastic ability, but it really isn't a T5 ability. It makes buffing at the beginning alot quicker rather than using a lvl 2 resist energy spell for each individual element on each individual party member who needs it. The other thing is we are talking about Epics and guess what, anyone going into the Unyielding Sentinel Tree can get this on a tier 1 enhancement. Which really is a slap in the face of a radiant servant.

I am hoping some end game cleric players respond and explain why Cleric is so good. but i honestly feel that the cleric is now the worst dedicated healer class in the game.

I used to love running clerics and i hadn't run one in many years. So when i decided to test one (before i ran it on HC) I was extremely disappointed in it. Was trying all sorts of things to get it to work, but in the end decided to pick a different healing class which played and healed much better (I really hope SSG decide not to nerf the druid, we need to buff the cleric, not nerf the druid lol)

Looking forward to your answers :)

Reactions: DBZ

axel15810

I've mained a tier 5 RS cleric since forever and aura is decent but if you're looking for a replacement to the old EA mantle you will be dissapointed. It's not nearly that strong. And it is not an always on toggle, it's a spell that has to be recasted every couple minutes. It's still helpful for passive heals in legendary reapers if you push your positive spellpower and positive crit chance. It's not bad, just not amazing. You also get you and your party 20 second domain buff whenever you cast it, if they are in range of you.

I have been thinking of making a cleric myself and using the healing Aura from T5. but from what I've tested on a lvl 15 iconic Morninglord. It is quite Terrible. In fact i really think the Radiant Servant tree is quite bad compared to other tree's. Most other tree's when i use T5 are great in epics and are really a great way to improve your character. ill give a quick list what i think of the T5 separate Enhancements

Positive Energy Aura Not only is it really weak. But it is also using your turn undead charges, which is also used by Positive energy burst (which is far superior), Divine Healing which is better, Martyrdom which is great for when you die (not great on HC though lol) as it brings everyone close by up to full health, Reactive Healing (not sure about this one)
IMO divine healing does way too little healing to matter and Martyrdom is...honestly just awful because you shouldn't be dying lol. An ability that only works on death is basically just a flavor ability, not something that can ever be used seriously. I actually think it's cool from a flavor perspective but it should just be a passive benefit to one of the cores or something, or an inherent cleric ability, not its own ability you have to spend points on and therefore take on opportunity costs.

Radiance Never tested it. if it also heals. than its an amazing ability which makes taking T5 worth it. is it using undead charges. if so your back to the problem with Positive Energy Aura having to make sure you have plenty of charges and also turn dead recovery.
Radiance is very good and handy. Removes CC from all party members and gives Greater Restore, to anyone in the dungeon, regardless of distance.

Reactive Heal Never tested it, it sounds okay i suppose. but in Epics you can have people at 4k+ hp. so this ability would give back 6% hp which makes it sound dreadful lol
This is really bad because it only gives 250 HP which doesn't scale with spellpower. 250 HP is way too low for it to be any good at endgame. If it scaled in some way, it'd be different. But it doesn't.

Divine Energy Resistance This is a fantastic ability, but it really isn't a T5 ability. It makes buffing at the beginning alot quicker rather than using a lvl 2 resist energy spell for each individual element on each individual party member who needs it. The other thing is we are talking about Epics and guess what, anyone going into the Unyielding Sentinel Tree can get this on a tier 1 enhancement. Which really is a slap in the face of a radiant servant.
This is decent but you can also get it in Sentinel ED. Usually there are multiple people in the party who have it, making it a waste.

I am hoping some end game cleric players respond and explain why Cleric is so good. but i honestly feel that the cleric is now the worst dedicated healer class in the game.

I used to love running clerics and i hadn't run one in many years. So when i decided to test one (before i ran it on HC) I was extremely disappointed in it. Was trying all sorts of things to get it to work, but in the end decided to pick a different healing class which played and healed much better (I really hope SSG decide not to nerf the druid, we need to buff the cleric, not nerf the druid lol)

Looking forward to your answers :)
Favored Soul is definitely the better healing class at endgame and higher difficulties because of healing wall and higher SP pools. Healing Wall is way better than Radiant Servant aura, by far, because of it being an AoE that can be cast safely from a distance instead of having to stand near those needing heals. Clerics do get no max caster levels on cure spells and a few other nice things like Radiance but FVS is definitely the way to go if you want to roll a focused healer type.

They should also rework Healing domain to make it worth using. Healbot clerics are much better off going Animal or Protection in all situations IMO.

I do wish they'd buff T5 radiant servant a bit. Aura and Radiant Servant Burst should both heal more and/or scale past level 20.

Last edited:

Wini

I have been thinking of making a cleric myself and using the healing Aura from T5. but from what I've tested on a lvl 15 iconic Morninglord. It is quite Terrible.

Yep, that's the truth.

I am running a Morninglord Healbot and that aura feels like a cosmetic thing, not a real deal. After some years of service, I'm thinking I will TR her into a FVS with some Fighter tank specs to become more useful.

l_remmie

For your healing needs turn to primal avatar.

Both the firestyle epic strike and secondary strike are half fire aoe/half burst heal. And you get cocoon too.

It's nowhere near the same as the old aura but i think it's probably the best we got now.

Grumpy

was in a raid the other day with a cleric who was using it, was hitting me for about 700Hp, not as strong as the EA mantle, but good enough in raids to keep folks topped off.

Archaic

was in a raid the other day with a cleric who was using it, was hitting me for about 700Hp, not as strong as the EA mantle, but good enough in raids to keep folks topped off.
Pics or it didn't happen lol 700 is quite a bit. You would have to devout everything you could to it including the recipient having high heal Amp I am guessing.

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos
TLDR: Clerics have not been the best healers for a few years now. That is not to say they are not good, but they are not the best. Clerics overall are AWESOME, no doubt there.

Back in the days of old, the aura was a great because we didn't have that many hitpoints, had a lot fewer spell points, terrible self healing and actually had a lot more healing amplification.

When heroic shroud was end game for example, it was two clerics and go (on normal!). You could get +20 +40 +60 when different hamp values would stack and the fleshmaker hamp item giving a stacking 10% (that stacked weirdly so it was actually more) at level TWELVE (12). At 300-500 hit points, that aura would tick for a lot and matter. Back then cove hat +40 hit points (superior false life) at level 9 was like BIS and the closest thing was the +40 at level 20.

The moment coccoon showed up in the old destinies and everyone could top themselves to full with a single twist of fate, it stopped mattering because the healer was there for the tank and emergencies so we started having a lot and I mean a lot more favoured soul healers than cleric healers. I don't remember when bards got the healing song even that was better than the aura.

As time went on and we had powercreep for stats and hit points, +8 went from being the level 22-25 to level 15 in shadowfail, the cleric aura mattered less and less. Of course hamp got nerfed first by being non-stacking then split into different types and then by the actual numbers being killed (30something competence at level 20 and equipment hamp was brutally murdered).

To add to all the pain and suffering and misery of healer clerics, the healing domain was an absolute joke. Maybe if THAT is changed then we would have something to talk about.

Vua

The level cap was 16 when Heroic Shroud was endgame. The healing aura didn't come out until we were at level 20 and the first group of epic quests had already been released. Nice story though.

Wini

If you want some numbers, here we go:

combat-log.png

Tics are like 1 per second. Let's see heal amp, spell powers, etc:

HAMP.png

Captura.png

Overal, it's very poor, since it's slow and you have to stay in the middle of the fight to heal tanks/melee, and that's like the last thing I want to do in a raid or a mid reaper quest.

With this toon, my hot keys are Renewal/Healing PIllar and Mass Cures to get the party alive. Aura, as I said, it's more like a cosmetic thing (and actually very cool).

Grumpy

If you want some numbers, here we go:

combat-log.png
Hey, thanks for posting that. Guess its easier for most people to claim it can't happen, rather than science it and see how things turn out. Its not great healing for tanks, but as I stated earlier, its very handy if a cleric is running that, and standing away from the target, it gives ranged a good place to stay to get passive healing, to keep their health topped off.

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos
The level cap was 16 when Heroic Shroud was endgame. The healing aura didn't come out until we were at level 20 and the first group of epic quests had already been released. Nice story though.
When I started playing level cap was 20 and epics had already been released. Shroud was still end game though, most greensteel items were better than epics :D Normal Shroud, hard VoD, normal Hox, epic EDA and epic Chrono.