Doublestrike question

Sympl

I know I could test and track and determine....but I don't wanna...hitting the collective wisdom-bank (aka forums) instead so I can just keep playing.....

Double strike.

I know the history. Used to roll separate attacks, now just doubles the damage if it hits the right percentage roll. That makes sense.

Here's the thing I don't know and want an easy answer for:

Is that just the weapon damage/weapon mods, or does that double the imbues on the strike as well.....

I can see how it should......but I can also see how it might not these days.....

Can anyone confirm one way or the other? Now's your time to shine!

Xeang

Let me add to that question: 1. Do CC strikes have 2 chances to hit like Stunning Fist or Stunning Weapon if the attack successfully doubestrikes?
2. Do AOE melee attacks potentially double strike also (cleave, whirlwind, etc)?

Speed

I can confirm that damage effects like holy, ability damage and elemental augments are doubled (seen that yesterday).
I heard and possibly read on wiki that melee aoe attacks should work.
I heard that CC effects are not doubled while they worked before doublestrike optimization update.
I am not sure about imbue, because I believe I see same fire numbers on my favored soul with 8%+ doublestrike, but I will try to test it today.

Edit: Tested!
Imbue damage is doubled with doublestrike.

Last edited:

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
I can confirm that damage effects like holy, ability damage and elemental augments are doubled (seen that yesterday).
I heard and possibly read on wiki that melee aoe attacks should work.
I heard that CC effects are not doubled while they worked before doublestrike optimization update.
I am not sure about imbue, because I believe I see same fire numbers on my favored soul with 8%+ doublestrike, but I will try to test it today.

Edit: Tested!
Imbue damage is doubled with doublestrike.
This is how things work.

Think of it like this: anything that has a chance of happening does not have that chance increased due to DS.
Anything that does happen, has its damage doubled due to DS (some bugs exist).

Speed

Think of it like this: anything that has a chance of happening does not have that chance increased due to DS.
Anything that does happen, has its damage doubled due to DS (some bugs exist).

Thats true.
I forgot to mention that I had one grazing hit that... doublestriked!
Before optimization update, second hit would be probably normal (if not critical), but I had two grazing hits instead, so it shows how simplified it is now and why double CC may not work.
I can additionally confirm that critical and doublestrike are working together, but this is not advantage (you get double critical or no critical instead of two chances).

Mindos

CHAOTIC EVIL
Abilities that apply on-crit or on-vorpal now correctly Doublestrike to increase their damage.
From the lamm latest notes, idk what this means for crowd control proc, etc.

Jack Jarvis Esquire

I think it refers to damage that procs in critical hits rather than any cc/tactical effects, etc.

Maybe some on crit damage numbers didn't scale with Doublestrike, and are now fixed to do so, though TBH I didn't notice. 🤔

Speed

"increase their damage" does not sound like also affecting CC.
I understand this just as extra damage effects that occur only with critical/vorpal hits are now correctly doubled with doublestrike.
Good to know that they were not working in the past, so they had the same optimization update disadvantage like possibly CC.
I guess CC is more complex and server resource heavy than just doubling damage numbers if this is true that it has only one try instead of two with doublestrike.