Downtime Notice: Wednesday, April 3rd 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT)

SSGBranding

Administrator
UPDATE: Stores are now open but we have hit an issue when crediting accounts with additional VIP days. Our team is on it and we’ll be sure to update you on this as soon as we’re able to.

The DDO game worlds will be unavailable on Wednesday, April 3rd from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) for weekly maintenance. Thank you for your patience and we will see you back in the game soon!

Last edited:

Dragavon

Cordovan said on friday's livestream there would be an update today. That is not happening then?

Volarr

A couple of posts during the outage said there would be no planned downtime today. Which I replied to with don't count on it. After all the work to get us back online I knew that there would have to be downtime today for regular maintenance and anything left out during the weekend's work. So everything is back to normal which I see as a good thing.

Thanks again for all the work done I for one do appreciate it.

Kissfan

A couple of posts during the outage said there would be no planned downtime today. Which I replied to with don't count on it. After all the work to get us back online I knew that there would have to be downtime today for regular maintenance and anything left out during the weekend's work. So everything is back to normal which I see as a good thing.

Thanks again for all the work done I for one do appreciate it.
Wishful thinking on their part I knew there would still be maintenance

pame12

Man this is such a bad time for me, I literally finish work right when the maint starts, and I've only got like 4 hours to play, that's basically the maint window...

Falkor

It's great to see some headnod to marketing.

The future of this game depends on skillful marketing. Wishing you all the success in your efforts, whomever is behind that SSGBranding icon. :)

SSGBranding

Administrator
Another update for everyone. The game worlds are still open, but the store will need an extended maintenance window due to an issue when applying the additional VIP time to accounts. The store is now expected to be down until 4:00 PM Eastern. We will be making another attempt shortly and will let everyone know as soon as we can.

SSGBranding

Administrator
Stores are now open but we have hit an issue when crediting accounts with additional VIP days. Our team is on it and we’ll be sure to update you on this as soon as we’re able to.

Smokewolf

Stores are now open but we have hit an issue when crediting accounts with additional VIP days. Our team is on it and we’ll be sure to update you on this as soon as we’re able to.
@SSGBranding

Would be great if Standing Stones could "fix" the DDO store so that I can use my American VISA card in Germany, without the need for a VPN. Currently the stores 3rd party payment vendor geo-locates my (American) card as "out of region" and blocks it, without even running the card against my bank. Oh and yes, I've spoken to my bank, and was told that they're not seeing the card request in their system when I attempt to make a store purchase. Aparently, having a card from a US based bank in Europe is considered out of region for SSG, but works for everything else online...

Side note: I legally reside in Germany as a retiree. My card was issued over 25 years ago and has seen use across multiple military deployments outside of the United States.

-Smoke

Buddha5440

@SSGBranding

Would be great if Standing Stones could "fix" the DDO store so that I can use my American VISA card in Germany, without the need for a VPN. Currently the stores 3rd party payment vendor geo-locates my (American) card as "out of region" and blocks it,...

-Smoke
You kinda pointed out the problem with this. SSG is not the 3rd party and can only ask them to change this (which they shouldn't in today's world of fraud and hacking). You can either have security with more steps to go through or vulnerability.

Smokewolf

You kinda pointed out the problem with this. SSG is not the 3rd party and can only ask them to change this (which they shouldn't in today's world of fraud and hacking). You can either have security with more steps to go through or vulnerability.
Well consider that, SSG is the ONLY online vendor I have thus issue with. So either their payment procesor is complete crap or SSG is doing something wrong.

Last edited:

Warsaga

Are you playing through Steam? You can probably get around this by using the Steam launcher. The DDO store will open Steam in an external browser and process the payment through them. Your card won't be charged directly by SSG - instead, you would use Steam to process your card for the amount and add that amount to your steam balance. The DDO store will then process your payment via your Steam balance.
@SSGBranding

Would be great if Standing Stones could "fix" the DDO store so that I can use my American VISA card in Germany, without the need for a VPN. Currently the stores 3rd party payment vendor geo-locates my (American) card as "out of region" and blocks it, without even running the card against my bank. Oh and yes, I've spoken to my bank, and was told that they're not seeing the card request in their system when I attempt to make a store purchase. Aparently, having a card from a US based bank in Europe is considered out of region for SSG, but works for everything else online...

Side note: I legally reside in Germany as a retiree. My card was issued over 25 years ago and has seen use across multiple military deployments outside of the United States.

-Smoke

Smokewolf

Are you playing through Steam? You can probably get around this by using the Steam launcher. The DDO store will open Steam in an external browser and process the payment through them. Your card won't be charged directly by SSG - instead, you would use Steam to process your card for the amount and add that amount to your steam balance. The DDO store will then process your payment via your Steam balance.
No.. not through Steam. I used too until the problem started.