Dragon lord - staff version

Hello to the DDO community,

This is my first build post ! (also english is not my native tongue so forgive my grammer mistakes :D )
I would love to share the build idea with you , had amazing time running with this one.
so you might think for yourself :" dragon lord splashes are all over the place what could he do differently? " . The answer to that is not much , yet the key in my perspective on this build wasn't the crits (which DRL excells in) and endgame raids , BUT leveling + high reaper questing at cap. I tried to make the build with the highest dmg VS helpless possible .
It's 11/6/3 - rog/drl/mnk builder images below

This build utilize :
- Dragon's Roar ablity , Drifting Lotus and Everything is Nothing for sellf cc - all scale off STR + stunning bonuses.
- Sneak attack - easliy applied on helpless targets
- Burst aoe dmg from haste boost and DS clicky
- GmoF epic moment (works suprisingly well in reaper questing)

disclaimer : this build images attached is my current version of the build which is wood elf (just the racial i was on)
The best way to reach the max dps + dmg vs helpless is via Half orc race (additional 20% dmg vs helpless and bonuses to THF) although you have to be racial completionist to get every thing you want .

Dmg vs helpless breakdown:
50% base for all charecters
30% from falconry
30% from Thief acrobat
20% from Dragon's roar T5
15% from GmoF mantle
15% from Crush weakness feat
15% from Artifact set
175% total
horc version
195% (for comparison adrenaline is 225% and only single target)

(im aware that fury mantle has 3% more and SD core has 3% extra but i dont have enough points and imo the build is more well rounded deffense wise with gmof)

other image wouldn't load on preview so starting stats are (36 pts build):

STR : 18
DEX : 10
CON : 16
INT : 14
WIS : 8
CHA :8

Lawful neutral cuz monk

No gear attached bc im not gear tetris god or somthig - dread stalker , IoD 5 piece , mind and matter , Bulwark 10% hp
Dino bone staff
It was incredible to level and it's absolute blast at endgame
Let me know what you think!

kemton

I don't know what your DC's are in high R but I have a diff split because I found w/ a higher rogue build I couldn't reach the DC's necessary for high R's.

My staff build is 14dragonlord/4rogue/2 monk. For feats I take precision, WWA and the tactical DC fighter line, and drop power attack because I found getting to fort bypass was more important than PA for the most part, although if I do a non-centered build I would use PA since it would be rage based. 4 rogue for uncanny dodge, 2 monk for the stance / free feat. 14 DL so I can get the +6 tactical feat + 4 second wind charges.

For epics I start w/ fatesinger+PA+fury of the wild for fatesinger epic strike, fury boulder, and fury for the shard storm/cocoon.

I am also on a shifter life(anti-synegies), but it's still useful at 26+ b/c I swap to fury for the rage heal.(I re-enable monk stance/precision after)

At cap I use GMoF for AOE strike, fury for boulder + adrenaline boss DPS + rage/scream heal(primary heal), and shadow dancer filler.

kemton

Also lawful good for Sireth.(although it's easy to get enough umd to bypass) I haven't bothered w/ a bone staff because I don't stay too long at cap and I enjoy the wider crit band anyways.

I don't know what your DC's are in high R but I have a diff split because I found w/ a higher rogue build I couldn't reach the DC's necessary for high R's.

My staff build is 14dragonlord/4rogue/2 monk. For feats I take precision, WWA and the tactical DC fighter line, and drop power attack because I found getting to fort bypass was more important than PA for the most part, although if I do a non-centered build I would use PA since it would be rage based. 4 rogue for uncanny dodge, 2 monk for the stance / free feat. 14 DL so I can get the +6 tactical feat + 4 second wind charges.

For epics I start w/ fatesinger+PA+fury of the wild for fatesinger epic strike, fury boulder, and fury for the shard storm/cocoon.

I am also on a shifter life(anti-synegies), but it's still useful at 26+ b/c I swap to fury for the rage heal.(I re-enable monk stance/precision after)

At cap I use GMoF for AOE strike, fury for boulder + adrenaline boss DPS + rage/scream heal(primary heal), and shadow dancer filler.
About the dc's : on older content I have enough all the way to R10s

On newer content you are right ; not enough to always land , I use rem pots + tenser scrolls + cape of the roc b4 hitting trance to get extra 6 DC .
For heals I always group .
But shifting sounds more survivable tbh

Also lawful good for Sireth.(although it's easy to get enough umd to bypass) I haven't bothered w/ a bone staff because I don't stay too long at cap and I enjoy the wider crit band anyways.
Sierth is amazing , had a blast with it from 23 -29 . But with dino bones and debuffs could crit up to 14k on R10s ( on a helpless target ofc)

kemton

On Cannith there isn't always a group so my bar for builds is r6 solo w/o bothering w/ a healer hireling :) I want to be able to self carry a r6 in case nobody joins.

Mickeymouse

My 2 dr-ddo cents.

With your AP set up and that 11,6,3 split, the 13,6,1 split would make way more sense. just a straight 4d6 extra SA gain.

but.. at lvl32 and not before that, your split would make way more sense if you picked up Jade Strike at the altar of that falconer shenanigans. (you´ll be totally fine hitting helpless enemies without it at cap and it will help vs stuff that actually needs a beating).

My 2 dr-ddo cents.

With your AP set up and that 11,6,3 split, the 13,6,1 split would make way more sense. just a straight 4d6 extra SA gain.

but.. at lvl32 and not before that, your split would make way more sense if you picked up Jade Strike at the altar of that falconer shenanigans. (you´ll be totally fine hitting helpless enemies without it at cap and it will help vs stuff that actually needs a beating).
I like your 2 cents overall. But it seems I didn't explain why I've taken 3 monk levels :the reason is the epic moment of GmoF which is pretty neat for room clearing on high reaper shortman groups as Dark OR another "hood" as Light plus extra feat is nice .

Referring the Jade strike : stun scales with monk lvls so 3 wont be enough to land anyway. the 10% debuff (that always lands) worth less than the 30% extra dmg from falconry .

(+ falconry single targets attacks are good now for dps , check them out on any fighting style and understand why ;D)

Mickeymouse

well.. looks like you have another reason to stay 3 mnk route. Jade is trictly for 10% debuff and it is 1) Utility (far from all groups or raids have this debuff in my experience) 2) better vs bosses and dooms. 30% trash clear is also nice, but your already there and helpless mobs don´t tend to live that long. after your gmof epic if they are not dead they will be with or without that extra 30% on the next strike.

FVSHasBeenEvenMoreGutted

well.. looks like you have another reason to stay 3 mnk route. Jade is trictly for 10% debuff and it is 1) Utility (far from all groups or raids have this debuff in my experience) 2) better vs bosses and dooms. 30% trash clear is also nice, but your already there and helpless mobs don´t tend to live that long. after your gmof epic if they are not dead they will be with or without that extra 30% on the next strike.
grandmaster epic moment doubles the buff based on monk philosophy which is level 3