Dread Isle set augment..where do they slot to?

Col Kurtz

dont see anywhere in wiki so i figured I'd ask here.

picked up the firemouth set augment but, it wont go in a clear or orange augment slot

where do we slot these things? it looks clear..but has an orange border...they really should say where they slot on the item >DDO ;)

Unfortunately these augments only go into set bonus augment slots. Those slots I believe only come on raid gear/weapons from the skeletons in the closet raid.

Col Kurtz

Unfortunately these augments only go into set bonus augment slots. Those slots I believe only come on raid gear/weapons from the skeletons in the closet raid.
o' ...well, they really need to slap that info on the augments. My supply didn't take a big hit with that...but, I imagine there's been some p'd off players wasting 50 pearls.

or maybe someone can add an asterisk in the wiki...surprised that info is not mentioned in there

thx 4 the heads up;)

Dragavon

Armours, cloaks and helmets from the Skeletons raid have a set bonus augment slot on them, these augments go there.

This way you can select which set you want on your items.

It is the same in Vecna, but there the items drop in quests.

o' ...well, they really need to slap that info on the augments. My supply didn't take a big hit with that...but, I imagine there's been some p'd off players wasting 50 pearls.

or maybe someone can add an asterisk in the wiki...surprised that info is not mentioned in there

thx 4 the heads up;)
Yep, me and a friend both found out the hard way that they're useless without the raid gear. Didn't bother me too much but he rage quit for a week. Haha

PersonMan

Yep, me and a friend both found out the hard way that they're useless without the raid gear. Didn't bother me too much but he rage quit for a week. Haha
I ended up doing the same, as when Dread was released they initially did not have the handy indicator which slot they went into so they looked almost like any other colorless augment, and of course none of the raid items existed in game at that point so it was very reasonable to be confused about where to slot them. (at that time it was nowhere)

thats good.TY ...though players usually dont check 2 different webpages...wiki is usually fine/guess wiki editors got lazy w that 1
I presume no insult was intended, but "lazy" is extremely unwarranted considering how much time wiki editors expend to research and accurately create a single page, without compensation, and for the benefit of the entire community.

Col Kurtz

I ended up doing the same, as when Dread was released they initially did not have the handy indicator which slot they went into so they looked almost like any other colorless augment, and of course none of the raid items existed in game at that point so it was very reasonable to be confused about where to slot them. (at that time it was nowhere)

I presume no insult was intended, but "lazy" is extremely unwarranted considering how much time wiki editors expend to research and accurately create a single page, without compensation, and for the benefit of the entire community.
sorry, I didnt mean to insult your grandma the wiki editor. apologies

calling it lazy was giving them the benefit of the doubt... now I think they may have omitted it on purpose !

but I will toss them a compiment > Lord, wiki editors are so big , so absolutely huge, gosh we're really impressed down here.

Tonquin

of Lightning Hammer fame!
dont see anywhere in wiki so i figured I'd ask here.

picked up the firemouth set augment but, it wont go in a clear or orange augment slot

where do we slot these things? it looks clear..but has an orange border...they really should say where they slot on the item >DDO ;)
I just took a look and it appears that the "Augment Type" descriptor is properly displaying both in the inventory and within the crafting device. For augments, the "Augment Type" corresponds to what augment slot an augment can be slotted into. The Isle of Dread: Set Bonus augments fit into the Isle of Dread: Set Bonus slots, which appear on Isle of Dread dinosaur bone equipment.

GeP8n3l.png

This is where the Augment Type portion of the tooltip lives.

X8i1jkb.png

And this is its corresponding location on the armor tooltips. I hope very much this helps clear things up!

Col Kurtz

I just took a look and it appears that the "Augment Type" descriptor is properly displaying both in the inventory and within the crafting device. For augments, the "Augment Type" corresponds to what augment slot an augment can be slotted into. The Isle of Dread: Set Bonus augments fit into the Isle of Dread: Set Bonus slots, which appear on Isle of Dread dinosaur bone equipment.

GeP8n3l.png

This is where the Augment Type portion of the tooltip lives.

X8i1jkb.png

And this is its corresponding location on the armor tooltips. I hope very much this helps clear things up!
thank you

pretty sure we cleared this up by the 2nd reply, but, we can never have to much information :)

Drunken.dx

calling it lazy was giving them the benefit of the doubt... now I think they may have omitted it on purpose !

but I will toss them a compiment > Lord, wiki editors are so big , so absolutely huge, gosh we're really impressed down here.
Quite an attitude from someone who expects perfection from volunteers.

If you don't like that some info is missing from wiki, what prevents you from updating it?

OH RIGHT! That would require some effort.

Calling people who spend their own free time to provide data for rest of us lazy is entitled and immature.

Col Kurtz

Quite an attitude from someone who expects perfection from volunteers.

If you don't like that some info is missing from wiki, what prevents you from updating it?

OH RIGHT! That would require some effort.

Calling people who spend their own free time to provide data for rest of us lazy is entitled and immature.
lmao..relax, it was just a joke cause one person wanted to call me out for saying it was lazy to not explain the details better. ;)

people need some thicker skins around the forum. quotes Pink Floyd>>> "one word its a battleground, one word we're gonna smash you down,,,one word"

Yea i called it lazy..its not like I ***** his sister/sheesh.

Love the holiday spirit in the forum. Merry Xmas to All !

Drunken.dx

lmao..relax, it was just a joke cause one person wanted to call me out for saying it was lazy to not explain the details better. ;)

people need some thicker skins around the forum. quotes Pink Floyd>>> "one word its a battleground, one word we're gonna smash you down,,,one word"

Call me grinch but I DON'T like jokes about people doing great job being lazy.

DDO wiki is one of the best wiki sites I use for games I play, which is amazing taken into account how small DDO playerbase is.

Games with orders of magnitude more players (PoE for example) have much more outdated info on wiki.

It's nice to respect people who try to keep us updated and not just take them for granted.

Notadrizztvariant

I see, so you are the good guy in this scenario here. Could have fooled me.

PersonMan

I presume no insult was intended, ...

My preface certainly gave you the benefit of the doubt and my remark was meant simply to discourage calling people lazy for doing a 99.9% great job for the .1% failure. It would be quite disastrous if those very few people who put in tons of effort on the wiki stopped due to feeling a lack of appreciation. The wiki would be significantly more incomplete and out of date.

I agree, Merry Christmas Col Kurtz :)