Dusk surge in t5 LD doesn't work on ranged attacks

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Bug Report Number:
As per the title. Dusk surge in t5 Legendary Dreadnought doesn't work on ranged attacks. The description doesn't indicated melee only, so it's assumed ranged attacks should proc getting action boosts back but it's bugged and doesn't do so.

N68cuLM.jpg

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
I suggested this (speculation) before, but I wonder if it's actually working, but not in a way anyone thought of or expected?

The only way to tell is from one of the Devs looking in, but I speculated that it might be due to using projectiles (a separate object/entity to the player with the effect) so that either it does not transfer the effect back to the player due to the effect applied to the projectile instead. With lots of Action Boost restorations happening all the time, but for the projectiles only.

Or that the chain of events/effects is limited (by code) to the former originating source only, whilst because the Action Boost restoration requires to call back twice (first to the projectile then heading back to the player and then checking there if it can apply the restoration), it fails to do so due to said limitation.

Would be interesting to see all of that behind the scenes and what exactly happened.

J1NG

Fisto Mk I

Would be interesting to see all of that behind the scenes and what exactly happened.
I guess the devs will respond with something like, "Oh, yes, we just forgot to add "melee" to the description of ability", and add that in the next "fix". :ROFLMAO:

rabidfox

The People's Champion
but I speculated that it might be due to using projectiles (a separate object/entity to the player with the effect) so that either it does not transfer the effect back to the player due to the effect applied to the projectile instead
iirc that's happened before with stuff like affirmation. So very likely.

Tonquin

of Lightning Hammer fame!
As per the title. Dusk surge in t5 Legendary Dreadnought doesn't work on ranged attacks. The description doesn't indicated melee only, so it's assumed ranged attacks should proc getting action boosts back but it's bugged and doesn't do so.

N68cuLM.jpg
This has been fixed internally, and will be in an upcoming patch. Thank you!

Is your weapon the arrow/bolt or the bow/crossbow...

The chicken or the egg, the arrow or the bow, the avatar or the entity... the world may never know!