Dwarves not proficient with Dwarven War Axe

Vlander

Well Known Member
I just TRed into a Dwarf Atri. Under racials is says I'm proficient, but the little icon on the screen says I'm not and is giving me a -20% attack on it.

Vlander

Well Known Member
Try relogging? Sometimes thing are weird and it needs to recalculate everything, which you can force by relogging.
I did. Multiple times. I put in a ticket so they can either fix it, or since I ate stones to get to lvl 5 they can give me a +5 to lesser TR

zman67

Dwarfs only get dwarf axe proficiency if they have proficiency in all martial weapons. Artificers do not get all martial weapon proficiency only warhammer and light hammer.

unbongwah

By "Atri" do you mean Artificer? Dwarves treat dwarven axes as martial weapons; but if you don't have the general martial weapons proficiency feat, you still can't use them without penalty. Cast Master's Touch while the daxe is equipped.

Vlander

Well Known Member
By "Atri" do you mean Artificer? Dwarves treat dwarven axes as martial weapons; but if you don't have the general martial weapons proficiency feat, you still can't use them without penalty. Cast Master's Touch while the daxe is equipped.
Thank you. I didn't know a class would overright a racial feat. Now I do lol

FireEater

When you say it shows up under racial feats...
that's not on your character sheet then right? Or were you just refering to the wiki?

Vlander

Well Known Member
When you say it shows up under racial feats...
that's not on your character sheet then right? Or were you just refering to the wiki?
No. When I open my character sheet and go to feats it says under Marshals Dwarven War Axe

Smelt

Races don't give you marshal proficiency, your class does that. Dwarven axe is listed under martial weapons on char sheet because they are treated as such by your character. all other races have to use a feat to use them, but any dwarf that can use martial weapons can use dwarven axes.

Justfungus

Technically not true. some races DO give prof. with particular martial weapons.
Drow - short sword, Elves - long swords, long bows Etc. so the OP point is valid.
Just because a war axe is a martial weapon should not make a difference, because
other races get racial access to certain martial weapons as well.

Lazuli

Technically not true. some races DO give prof. with particular martial weapons.
Drow - short sword, Elves - long swords, long bows Etc. so the OP point is valid.
Just because a war axe is a martial weapon should not make a difference, because
other races get racial access to certain martial weapons as well.
Dwarven waraxe is not a martial weapon. It is an exotic weapon which is considered martial for a dwarf character. For that you need the proficiency with martial weapons.