EK Warforged build

FuzzyDuck81

I have meant, that you can choose only 2 destinies yourself, if you want to get evasion. Because evasion is only in shadowdancer, so shadowdancer is kind of must have for pure EK. Thats why I said it is 'locked'.

it's also in primal avatar, but it's in tier 4 of the tree so needs more AP investment. Still a solid option though as with the primal mantle plus draconic destiny you can get 6 imbue dice, the damage/temp HP wonder that is shard storm, a solid ablative shield with energy shield for your element of choice & free eschew materials with AP left over for other things.

Pano

It's easier to pull off on wizard 18 / Dark Hunter 1 / fighter 1 due to hitting BAB 8 by level 15 and BAB 11 at level 20.

Thats an interesting build, but the number of destiny feats is still the same for everyone.
First blood seems like an interesting choice, probably depends on your playstyle and the difficulty you are playing.
Crush weakness is surely a viable option. I personally want to focus on boss DMG so doublestrike is better IMO.

Last edited:

geltril

I could just do 2rogue for open lock and evasion and 18 wizard,right? Improved evasion would still be nice,no?

Also it doesnt look much different if I take the swf line then at 31 take the 2hf specialty VS taking the 2hf line and the swf specialty at 31. One takes 3 feats early on and one takes 4 feats early on.

unbongwah

First blood seems like an interesting choice, probably depends on your playstyle and the difficulty you are playing.
I didn't post ED configuration options but I was thinking of pairing First Blood with Shadowdancer for Bring Darkness: "If you have the feat First Blood, the trigger of First Blood now also applies the Darkness debuff, and First Blood now triggers on Harmful Spellcasts." But it's just a rough outline, not a fully fleshed-out build.
I could just do 2rogue for open lock and evasion and 18 wizard,right? Improved evasion would still be nice,no?
Yes, that is always an option. Pros are gaining Evasion which is upgraded to Improved Evasion by the Darkest Luck (Shadowdancer level 26 core); you also have access to Toxin Affinity (+3 Imbue dice for 8 APs). Cons are you don't hit BAB 11 before epic levels so your Greater combat-style feat has to go into an epic slot (which are already pretty crowded); and you lose a feat by dropping the fighter splash.

Basically you're either going to build around having (Improved) Evasion in light armor or robes and raising your MRR cap as high as you can; or you're going to build around medium/heavy armor (or Adamantine Body) which has no MRR cap.
Also it doesnt look much different if I take the swf line then at 31 take the 2hf specialty VS taking the 2hf line and the swf specialty at 31. One takes 3 feats early on and one takes 4 feats early on.
The main advantage of taking SWF feats in heroics is you need the first SWF feat to take Offhand Versatility and Perfect SWF, whereas you don't need the first THF feat to take Perfect THF. [Finding room for both Perfect ED feats is a separate issue.] Also on the dwarf wizard I posted, I took Knight's Training so I could take advantage of the better critical threat range of battleaxes or longswords (16-20/x4 vs 18-20/x4 for dwarven axes) for higher single-target DPS.

Last edited:

surge

It's easier to pull off on wizard 18 / Dark Hunter 1 / fighter 1 due to hitting BAB 8 by level 15 and BAB 11 at level 20.

Dwarves get dwarven axes for free. Warforged is tighter on feats since you'd need to take exotic weapon proficiency if you still want to use hand-and-a-half weapons; and you probably want Adamantine or Mithral Body.
Quick question why Knight's Training feat? Dwarven axes do not benefit from this?

Thanks

LOL it's okay just read the last post, using battleaxes or longswords and not Daxe!!

Last edited:

Br4d

Movement in combat will make you much more survivable in EE and R1 combat. Just take a step to the side and swing then a step back and swing then a step to the other side and swing. This winds up being as effective as AC and PRR in preventing physical damage.

Think of it like fighting like an Elf and it makes more sense. Footwork is a part of almost all physical combat, you just need to use it in DDO.