Enable the Eveningstar Key Without the One-Hour Timer

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
This has been requested many times before, but...

It's not in SSG's power to adjust the timer on the Key to Eveningstar any further, not without getting approval from WotC/Hasbro first. Which WotC is unlikely to grant.

Unless there has been a change at WotC, this is unlikely to change any time soon.

J1NG

HoopleHead

You don't need the key.. just run LoD... once you've done that, you can travel from Blood Inn in Ravenloft to ES...
Since LoD heroic is the same level as initial ES quests, you don't really NEED to be there earlier then that.

Etitron

Here's the Best way to get Evening star, If Unlocked.
1. Bottle of Mist -> Raven loft Teleport.
2. Use Table, In the tavern to Teleport too Evening star.

What Does a No CD's Teleport Items Look like.
Commemorative Storm reach D12 - CD 60s = Quickest By far.
Bottled of Mist - CD 60s + 2 clicks "one to open the menu, One to select."
Key To evening star - CD 1hr - 1Hr Long Unknown Reason.

Here's the ways these Items can be used
The D12 Doesn't stop when attacked by anything. Great Get away Or GH "Zone" Teleport.
The Bottle of Mist is All in one Teleport. OP

I see 0 Reason for this, Item - Key evening Evening star, Not to be at the very least 60s like the other 2. Have multiple Teleports Like one of them. and be OP Like the D12.

PLEASE BUFF KEY to Evening star
Give it Multiple teleports -
Thunder Peaks, Wheloon, Cavern,
Etc.
Shorten the key Cd to 60s Or 15mins "Quest length"

- OH BTW YOU CAN PUT IT IN THE STORE $$$$

Other then the fact there's other teleports that are stronger, I See Every reason for it to be buffed.

Thank you
As always Light speed.
- Etitron

Arimov

You don't need the key.. just run LoD... once you've done that, you can travel from Blood Inn in Ravenloft to ES...
Since LoD heroic is the same level as initial ES quests, you don't really NEED to be there earlier then that.
That is a bit tortuous.

Arimov

Here's the Best way to get Evening star, If Unlocked.
1. Bottle of Mist -> Raven loft Teleport.
2. Use Table, In the tavern to Teleport too Evening star.

What Does a No CD's Teleport Items Look like.
Commemorative Storm reach D12 - CD 60s = Quickest By far.
Bottled of Mist - CD 60s + 2 clicks "one to open the menu, One to select."
Key To evening star - CD 1hr - 1Hr Long Unknown Reason.

Here's the ways these Items can be used
The D12 Doesn't stop when attacked by anything. Great Get away Or GH "Zone" Teleport.
The Bottle of Mist is All in one Teleport. OP

I see 0 Reason for this, Item - Key evening Evening star, Not to be at the very least 60s like the other 2. Have multiple Teleports Like one of them. and be OP Like the D12.

PLEASE BUFF KEY to Evening star
Give it Multiple teleports -
Thunder Peaks, Wheloon, Cavern,
Etc.
Shorten the key Cd to 60s Or 15mins "Quest length"

- OH BTW YOU CAN PUT IT IN THE STORE $$$$

Other then the fact there's other teleports that are stronger, I See Every reason for it to be buffed.

Thank you
As always Light speed.
- Etitron
What if one does not possess the Commemorative D12?

Etitron

What if one does not possess the Commemorative D12?
Its A Example, Not a way. You can Get one at the Anniversary Event Every Year, in House P Near The Quest Party Crashers. Cost 100 Party Favor or 10 Runs of Level 30 Challenge "Quest" That spawns Each year.

GolargoSturdyfeet

Or.... buy the Hall of Heroes Passport out of DDO in game store Cost 795 points. That allows characters to travel between Hall of Heroes in Forgotten Realms and Eberron from the character selection screen. :cool:

HoopleHead

That is a bit tortuous.

How so? Its THE questing path for level... every day I see multiple LoD runs, it's easy, and almost constantly available... most can be run VERY quickly if you've got the mind to Zerg
We ran LoD all the way to ES R3 in less then 45 just 2 days ago after running Sharn p1, cogs, & p2 in 40 minutes... that's 3-4 levels of xp with less then 2 hours time invested, AND opens up travel options...

For lots of folks it's the leveling Bible... Borderlands, Saltmarsh, Fey, IoD, VoN, RL, GH, Sharn, LoD, then Eveningstar

Arimov

How so? Its THE questing path for level... every day I see multiple LoD runs, it's easy, and almost constantly available... most can be run VERY quickly if you've got the mind to Zerg
We ran LoD all the way to ES R3 in less then 45 just 2 days ago after running Sharn p1, cogs, & p2 in 40 minutes... that's 3-4 levels of xp with less then 2 hours time invested, AND opens up travel options...

For lots of folks it's the leveling Bible... Borderlands, Saltmarsh, Fey, IoD, VoN, RL, GH, Sharn, LoD, then Eveningstar
45 min. each time? Quite lengthy.

Arkat

Founder & Super Hero
This has been requested many times before, but...

It's not in SSG's power to adjust the timer on the Key to Eveningstar any further, not without getting approval from WotC/Hasbro first. Which WotC is unlikely to grant.

Unless there has been a change at WotC, this is unlikely to change any time soon.

J1NG
Correct.

In fact, as part of the deal for DDO to implement Forgotten Realms content, it was agreed upon by both WotC and Turbine (at the time) for the Eveningstar key to have a 1 hour cool down.

All the other teleporters that were within Eberron could have whatever cool down the Devs wanted to implement, the Eveningstar key, by mutual agreement, HAD to have a 1 hour cool down.

I suspect the reason for this was because of the specious nature of the connection between the Eberron setting and the Forgotten Realms setting. They had to institute at least some sense of separation and the 1 hour cool down was that separation.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Sharn has no timer. Isle of Dread, no timer. &c. So, I recommend changing the Eveningstar key so that it no longer requires the one-hour timer.
It hasn't been that long for ages; it's 30 minutes. But there's a few Q&A videos out there where Cordo and/Sev mention the how it was a WotC requirement to make that worlds feel seperate. Based off newer content's teleport items, WotC has relaxed their rules but the old contracts likely still limit their options for the key.

HoopleHead

45 min. each time? Quite lengthy.

Probably could cut that in half if folks didn't feel so desperate to take their newest level & then swap their entire gear-set *face-palm*

To be fair... I think 2.5 minutes average for 17 quests isn't bad....

Last edited:

seph1roth5

On the one hand, the cooldown is ridiculous. On the other, why do you need to go to ES, leave, and go back so soon? I DO think it'd be nice to have a multi-selector like sharn though. Thunderpeaks/wheloon/es/whatever.

Silverfox

Sharn has no timer. Isle of Dread, no timer. &c. So, I recommend changing the Eveningstar key so that it no longer requires the one-hour timer.

Already had the cool down shortened 11 years ago. WotC has something to do with the timer. Maybe you should start a petition on their forums. Considering it has been this way for 11 years I don't see WotC changing their position.
  • This item had an hour cooldown, which was reduced to 30 minutes in Update 15 and its animation can be canceled. If you cancel the teleport animation, you can't try to use the item again for the next half an hour.
  • While the cooldown might look reset when you log in, the cooldown timer is based on active play time, like guild buffs. It is very common for people to login and try to use the key, only for it not work. This happens when you logoff while the key was on cooldown.
  • True Reincarnated characters can use the key to enter Eveningstar without completing Web of Chaos quests and Beyond the Rift. However, these quests are still necessary to flag for the Caught in the Web raid. See also Menace of the Underdark (story arc).

rabidfox

The People's Champion

Beast

Well the explaination is PLAIN RIDICULOUS.
I wish they, for once could be honest and tell the truth.
"We have a paid service for that, and a VIP feature for traveling between eberron and Forgotten, we don't want to lose that income"

Wouldn't this statement sound better and more honest?