Enchanted Horse Shoes only in End Chests?

nenetteblackmoor

There are probably plenty of people who have obtained horseshoes.
The problem is that RND doesn't do their job properly and always slacks off.
At such times, I stop opening the chest and take a rest, waiting for RND to do their job.

Mnemor

I dont have Feywild
It's ok. Also dryad's horses do not have very attractive skin. On the other hand, the hunt raid's nighmare is impressive, and anyone who has taken the code has access to it.

Of course, I don't think farming a horsehoe is that terrible either. It has a low drop, but if you make the pack every epic PL, it will surely not take long to get one. Put lfms or take friends, nowadays most people will pass the horseshoe.

Mobius

I have pulled more Jibbers blades than I have Enchanted Horseshoes, and that's not a very high number either.

PURPLETIMB

I've also pulled more Jack Jibbers' blades than I've pulled Enchanted Horseshoes (3 vs. 1), but I've also run the Two-Toed Tobias quest about 100 times more often then I've run all the quests in epic Borderlands.

Valerianus

Former Captain Of The Rotten Shark
Skellies has a dino mount too but is way harder to obtain.

But next month free mount as dragon gift np.

this, don't waste time, just wait for the free mount. if you prefer a horse for cosmetic reason, thatb horseshoe will eventually drop, eventually, too rare to chase, but in the meantime you'll be covered.

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm
And I pulled another one in another end chest this weekend!. So I have pulled 3 in total now. Caveat that I did have a potion of greater treasure hunting in effect...

ZEMTEK

And I pulled another one in another end chest this weekend!. So I have pulled 3 in total now. Caveat that I did have a potion of greater treasure hunting in effect...
How many times and what quests? Did you pull 3 in 1 potion timer? Thanks for the info.

ZEMTEK

I've also pulled more Jack Jibbers' blades than I've pulled Enchanted Horseshoes (3 vs. 1), but I've also run the Two-Toed Tobias quest about 100 times more often then I've run all the quests in epic Borderlands.
We have ran TTT at least 30 times so far on 3 toons and 0 JJ. I finally just gave up.

nenetteblackmoor

While not as frequent as in the Demigod's Quest, Fast Mounts still have a high probability of dropping in the Hunt or Be Hunted raid.
Moreover, since most people already have them, if you declare 'I want a horse,' you can usually get one.

The Hunt or Be Hunted raid is included in the Hunter and Hunted pack, so accounts using the Free Questing Coupon can enter for free.

If I were to farm horseshoes, I would do it in the 'Watch Your Step' quest.

It's a basic strategy for farming with multiple accounts, where after clearing the quest, one person goes outside and keeps the quest window open.
Then, after everyone else exits, the person with the open quest window enters the quest again.
This creates a new instance, so those who exited just need to re-enter.
This method eliminates the need to report quest completion, making farming possible in a short amount of time.

Using an account that doesn't have the quest pack is also an option.
Since it's fine to include a character without the quest pack in your party, you can simply share the quest and leave them idle in the town, allowing you to continuously do quests without having to report completion.

Last edited:

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm
How many times and what quests? Did you pull 3 in 1 potion timer? Thanks for the info.
It was on the same potion. I pulled one in Watch your step, and one in Violent Delights I think??? I would be inclined to suggest ransacking Treasure Hunt though as it is a super quick one to do (most of them are pretty quick to be honest though..)

CherryBomb

Whoa, hold your horseshoes, bucko.

They dropped pretty well when the pack was first released. I got the four that I needed in order to upgrade all the mounts available at the trader. The drop rate seemed to plunge to the point of approaching zero after the first few months. Please note that the four trader mount upgrades are available on the store along with two others of similar quality (not counting the other fancier mounts).

Lazuli

I have had the pack since day one, and the drop seemed atrocious to me from the day of release. The horseshoes eventually drop but they have always seemed like a low drop to me. I would have gotten three dozen or so. They seem like a lot, but they are not since this pack is already years old. Of course, you can only use four, so...

Anyway, at the end of the month you will have a free mount, op. Play borderlands normally while leveling epics, and eventually you'll get horseshoes too. Don't feel pressure to get them now.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
OP: I haven't seen one but my bud pulled one from R1 chest yesterday. ..gnoll lair end chest, iirc..