Epic Questing

Wolvanthor

Just wondering if there is enough quest variety/progression to complete levels 20-32 without grinding slayer zones? Are there enough quests to actually enjoy epics all the way through? Thanks for your advice fellow geeks. šŸ¤“

eartheyes

i play on khyber
definitely! you certainly wont go as fast as you would say, doing a round of Night Revels with first time bonus then grinding slayers(with a pots and a full group)...but yeah, there is plenty of xp and quests...especially for a first life toon

comfy

the comfortable
Absolutely. I always recommend the quests that drop Tokens if the Twelve and then moving to Eveningstar to cash in on those sweet sagas. Gets me from 20 to 30 and you donā€™t need to do any slayers at all.

vryxnr

People swear by slayers because when you're in a full group it's fast and lazy, but it is by no means required at all. There is plenty of quest variety to go from 20-32 with quests only.

DilemmaEnder

Thelanis Player
There is plenty of Quest/Saga XP to go around!

Here is a Quest list I made while doing back to back Epic Past Lives. (This was before Morgrave so you can just do that at the end.)

Epic TR Path sorted by Level

Even without first time bonuses, there is more than enough XP to go around. If you get done with all those or just want to vary it up, you can always hit up smaller chains that don't have saga rewards. That is at least another 100+ quests.

mikarddo

I suggest the following - partly to experience the story - for your first run through.

A) Do Lords of Dust, Servants, Spinners and Rift, Von3+4, Spies, Wiz King and OOB - good xp and tokens that you will need later.
B) Run the full chain to flag for Caught in the Web (Kings Forest, Drow City and Demonweb).
C) Run everything else for Sagas (Druids chain, High Roads chain, Wheloon chain and Storm Horns chain)
collect sagas.
D) If you still need more xp Catacombs and Delaras chains are excellent xp, or you can try some of the less used epic quests, there are loads to go. Haunted Halls is an interesting experience to mention one.

Dragavon

Just wondering if there is enough quest variety/progression to complete levels 20-32 without grinding slayer zones? Are there enough quests to actually enjoy epics all the way through? Thanks for your advice fellow geeks. šŸ¤“
For a VIP there are enough epic quests that you can do 20-30 twice without repeating quests.

Stoner66

It's good to be the King!
an easy way to do that is as you are leveling from 1-20 do ALL the sagas BUT do not take the saga xp. When you get to 20, go back and grab all teh sagas. If you have a 50% pot running, you should end up around lvl 25-26. I know you said "without" grinding slayers but I find slayer pots easy to get (chest drops, daily rolls etc) but with a full party and a 50% XP pot running, you will be lvl 30 in an hour :) good hunting

Dragavon

an easy way to do that is as you are leveling from 1-20 do ALL the sagas BUT do not take the saga xp. When you get to 20, go back and grab all teh sagas. If you have a 50% pot running, you should end up around lvl 25-26. I know you said "without" grinding slayers but I find slayer pots easy to get (chest drops, daily rolls etc) but with a full party and a 50% XP pot running, you will be lvl 30 in an hour :) good hunting
This is not possible with only heroic sagas. You need the legendary sagas to get to level 25-26, so you can do it on an epic reincarnation, but not when you have levelled to 20 through heroic.

DilemmaEnder

Thelanis Player
I believe you mean that if you were doing back-to-back Epic Reincarnations you could bank all the Epic/legendary Saga Rewards on True Elite and use them after Epic Reincarnating to twenty in order to boost yourself back up to 25-26 depending on your XP Potion and VIP benefits.

Turning all of those Sagas in would net you @ 2,876,000 XP and with a 50% xp potion and +10% VIP benefit and +5% ship buff you could net @ 4,700,850 XP. Which would land you about half way through level 26, which starts at 4,350,000 and goes until you hit 5,250,000.

Storing up all the Heroic Sagas from 1-20 will only garner you @ 529,000 XP. With the bonuses above that would get you to @ 829,850. Which would land you about a third of the way into 21st level. (which starts at 600,000 and goes until 1,250,000)

While I am all for banking Saga rewards in Epic/Legendary Quests for the purpose of rolling them around in a multiple ER bundle, I myself ran batches of 4-6 ERs back to back this way not too long ago, I see no reason to bank the Heroic Sagas. I suppose you might really hate level 20, maybe you have a better weapon you can't use until 21 or something. But those banked heroic sagas simply don't mean as much at that point. Epic Quests give XP out like it is candy.

You will have to run 20+ Heroic Quests to get that 529k xp you are banking. Which means more time in Heroics. Where as you would only need to run 8-12 quests in low epics to get that same amount. And if you have a particularly strong build/gear/guild/friend combo you may find that you can make that amount of xp up in 2 Quests (looking at you What Goes Up + Wizard King/Spies in the House/Through a Mirror Darkly/Etc).

Long story short - Play how you like and like how you play.

TrinityTurtle

There's not only enough, but you can easily hit max without skipping chunks. Because I find slayers boring, and level only off quests. I don't grind out my enitre epic life in a day, but depending on how much time I have and if I'm using sagas for xp or the other rewards, it can take between 3 days to a week and I'm entertainted instead of bored. It's not for everyone, but it absolutely works. It could probably be faster two if I actually cared enough about speed to sit down and make a list of the high xp value quests and focus on leveling insead of just meandering around as the mood takes me and doing whatever sounds like fun at the time.

TrinityTurtle

There's not only enough, but you can easily hit max without skipping chunks. Because I find slayers boring, and level only off quests. I don't grind out my enitre epic life in a day, but depending on how much time I have and if I'm using sagas for xp or the other rewards, it can take between 3 days to a week and I'm entertainted instead of bored. It's not for everyone, but it absolutely works. It could probably be faster two if I actually cared enough about speed to sit down and make a list of the high xp value quests and focus on leveling insead of just meandering around as the mood takes me and doing whatever sounds like fun at the time.
Edit: I meant WITH SKIPPING chunks, not without. :) there are way more quests than are necessary to cap out.

Altra

I love to play this way.

TrinityTurtle

I love to play this way.
I knew I couldn't be that weird that I was alone!

I honestly hate doing the same thing over and over, grinding slayers (or the same quest over and over) is a weird form of emotional torture to me. And I'm lucky enough to have formed a group of DDO friends that get it and invite me to the quest to quest stuff and don't try to rope me into the grindy stuff. LOL People who can do what they want and accept that you have a different view and happy to hang with you on teamspeak chatting while you do your separate things are so lovely. :)