Exclusive Hair Dye?

paddymaxson

Afternoon,

Just got a high roll on a gold roll and won an "Exclusive Hair Dye: Gianthold Purple".

Anybody know what's so exclusive about it?

paddymaxson

I think some dyes are common, they drop in chests, unbound. Other are rare, DDO Store only, and IIRC BtA. My guess would be that GH Purple belongs to the second category.

Wiki has some info as one might expect.
Another "great" gold role reward then, lol.

Thought it might have meant it persisted across TRs or something as the description uses the word "Permanent" and I didn't have another hair dye to hand to check.

I find it almost unbelievable that the devs say that daily gold rolls for VIPs lost them money because who's getting a purple hair dye and being like "phew, I was just about to spend 95 ddo points on that"?

Fizban

Another "great" gold role reward then, lol.

Thought it might have meant it persisted across TRs or something as the description uses the word "Permanent" and I didn't have another hair dye to hand to check.

I find it almost unbelievable that the devs say that daily gold rolls for VIPs lost them money because who's getting a purple hair dye and being like "phew, I was just about to spend 95 ddo points on that"?
While I am not one of them, I know of several players that for some reason really like the exclusive hair dye to include all hair dye for that matter. In fact, several of the players that play with them often mail them or trade them to them.

In summary: Not every player plays the game for the same thing or reason. What you might find valuable in a Gold/Silver roll others may not. I'm very OK with exclusive haiir dye and some of the other tems in gold/silver rolls. To each there own is my motto.

paddymaxson

While I am not one of them, I know of several players that for some reason really like the exclusive hair dye to include all hair dye for that matter. In fact, several of the players that play with them often mail them or trade them to them.

In summary: Not every player plays the game for the same thing or reason. What you might find valuable in a Gold/Silver roll others may not. I'm very OK with exclusive haiir dye and some of the other tems in gold/silver rolls. To each there own is my motto.
Yeah and that's fine, I'm glad other people like em, I just find it hard to believe that people pay real money for this stuff. I believe people would get it and be glad for it, just not that they were going to buy it if they didn't get it. It doesn't track to me. Cosmetics like this would be a more believable selling point if they didn't get lost every TR or if DDDO had a bit more character customisation/the older races looked as good as the newer ones.

Edit: Also I'm still annoyed that I've won the same horse twice on one server when it's an untradeable item and it's account wide anyway. Stuff like that makes me see gold rolls as just a big swizz.

Sylvado

Which would again mean that nobody is spending money on it, hence I'm still confused as to hwo extra gold rolls for VIPs was costing the devs money.
because you didn't get exclusive hair dyes every roll. I got a lot that I would have otherwise used store points for.

Fizban

Yeah, and that's fine, I'm glad other people like em, I just find it hard to believe that people pay real money for this stuff. I believe people would get it and be glad for it, just not that they were going to buy it if they didn't get it. It doesn't track to me. Cosmetics like this would be a more believable selling point if they didn't get lost every TR or if DDDO had a bit more character customisation/the older races looked as good as the newer ones.

Edit: Also, I'm still annoyed that I've won the same horse twice on one server when it's an untradeable item and it's account wide anyway. Stuff like that makes me see gold rolls as just a big swizz.
Thus, the slogan "To each their own" was created. Or "One man's tresure is another man's trash."

I also get some things more than once, but I know that DDO (like D&D) is based on a random die roll, so this is very possible to get the same horse twice.

mbartol

Murder Hobo
The point regarding duplicate prizes is that they should not be bound. If you’ve already won one, why not be allowed to auction off subsequent copies?