Extend metamagic not affecting Artificer enchantment spells?

iFallenAtlantis

Bug Report Number:
I just picked Extend Spell as a feat on leveling up and discovered that it is not working with some of my Artificer spells (which was the whole reason for picking it). On my hotbar, the duration is not any longer and the spell point cost does not show an increase, and the enchantment on my armor does not show a duration increase when re-casted. It's rather annoying having to remember to cast all these spells several times in a quest, which uses SP that I could better use elsewhere.

The spells affected are:
  • Insightful Strikes
  • Enchant Weapon
  • Enchant Armor
I guess my question is whether this is a bug or the intended functionality. Thanks.

Last edited:

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
Sounds like this is an issue with Temporary Item Enchantments in general. None of them seem to accept Extend as a Metamagic (you can check this by hovering over the tooltip of the spell in game, or by right-clicking the spell in your hot bar (not your buff bar) and trying to manually apply metamagics). I suppose it would make sense for these types of spells to accept Extend, if there isn't a technical limitation from the devs' side (as these spells are coded differently than regular spells, and it might be difficult to change Extend to include them).

Last edited: