Eyes of the Black Earth drop

Lazuli

Can you confirm that the Eyes of the Black Earth drop in the final chest of the earth node? Because I ransancked this chest with two characters, spending shards on each roll, and nothing. I have several copies of all the other items.

Drunken.dx

nvm, i got it with 3rd toon.

The loot system is atrocious.
Now that's an understatement.
It would be far less atrocious if there was no chest ransack, then at least you could grind, but this way unless you have lots of alts you're effed if you don't pull it in 8 tries per week...

HoopleHead

I ransacked 4 characters with 3 rerolls each for a month straight..... I got zilch... decided to go with a different gear-set.. and in the next week it dropped for 3 of our party at once.. 🤬

AustrianDeathMachine

Would be cool to see more quests with a 3rd completion reward list that contains all the named loot from the quest. You wouldn't get Mythic+Reaper but at least getting a base item would not be so insane.
They moved away from this design because they wanted the risk to match the reward. They did not want someone zerging the quest 3x on casual to get an item. Plus you can't reroll quest/saga rewards.