Fatesinger Warlock? Because we can +60 Spell Critical Damage?

BiggerTrolls

Tested in r1 tar pits. Primal mantle procs off strike a chord, the sonic only, damage is very comparable to strike a chord, maybe 1k less on average. Sounding buff from dryad fiddle orb damage seemed to fluctuate between 200-500. Hard to tell how much it did. With dripping in magma and IOD procs damage is reasonable. I am not currently geared, so I am missing 35 crit multi minimum. Of note, my gear is so goofy that I only have +14 enhancement bonus to cha and practically no filigrees benefitting the build. I would guess another 10%(more maybe) damage with gear optimized. Some numbers...
Strike a chord hit for 4-5k, crit for 14-18k. Sonic mantle proc from primal avatar average 3.5k on hit, saw a few 14.5k crits. Hard to tell exactly what does how much with combat log :0
I am intrigued by the obvious quality of life that a raw 60 crit multi adds. It sorta works out...

Edit
I neglected to test if mantle procs on eldritch blast.

Reactions: DBZ

DBZ

Just made my final tweaks finally got around to fitting in legendary elders i think 175 crit multiplier is possible then warlock boosts

Frantik

Once again, late on this thread. I'm currently playing a first life celestial warlock... but wait!? I tried two ED builds so far... DI tier 5 plus PA Thorn (aoe, single and temp hp( and chose acid for DI (dont use DI not-so-epic strike). Have to say ruin and greater ruin were good. But i wanted better survivability so i swapped PA for EA. The epic Light strike is nice (very good range single target), the mass cmw sla and healing wings are wonderful. I chose the mantle that deals Light and fire damage swirl and married up with DI fire. Its far better survivability wise (melee-caster cc) even with fire as elemental choice. The swirl procs DI 3rd core temp health A LOT.

Now coing back to OP after too much context... i would consider DI with PA for non-melee Feylock... Ever Green also procs frequently adding 100 sp each time. Thorn would work fine i think (at least for acid contribution) but i'd try Sky which will buff your sonic spellpower. Choose elec as DI element, grab the +3 ench DCs and extra +2 CHA. The AOE slas will require both elec and cold items but there is much item synergy between sonic and elec gear.

However, i think my next melee warlock will be Fey, twf CHA CON INT spending 8 AP into Harper for the trance to compensate for loss of bless and prayer.... Fatesinger tier 5 with FotW. ES 41, Harper 8, TS 21, 11 Feydark plus rest if you have any as you want.

Last edited:

BiggerTrolls

Once again, late on this thread. I'm currently playing a first life celestial warlock... but wait!? I tried two ED builds so far... DI tier 5 plus PA Thorn (aoe, single and temp hp( and chose acid for DI (dont use DI not-so-epic strike). Have to say ruin and greater ruin were good. But i wanted better survivability so i swapped PA for EA. The epic Light strike is nice (very good range single target), the mass cmw sla and healing wings are wonderful. I chose the mantle that deals Light and fire damage swirl and married up with DI fire. Its far better survivability wise (melee-caster cc) even with fire as elemental choice. The swirl procs DI 3rd core temp health A LOT.

Now coing back to OP after too much context... i would consider DI with PA for non-melee Feylock... Ever Green also procs frequently adding 100 sp each time. Thorn would work fine i think (at least for acid contribution) but i'd try Sky which will buff your sonic spellpower. Choose elec as DI element, grab the +3 ench DCs and extra +2 CHA. The AOE slas will require both elec and cold items but there is much item synergy between sonic and elec gear.

However, i think my next melee warlock will be Fey, twf CHA CON INT spending 8 AP into Harper for the trance to compensate for loss of bless and prayer.... Fatesinger tier 5 with FotW. ES 41, Harper 8, TS 21, 11 Feydark plus rest if you have any as you want.
Can you share some of the damage numbers you are seeing?

Frantik

Can you share some of the damage numbers you are seeing?
I can, and will test and post later.... it will be interesting for me to breakdown all damage sources. As i stated, this is a (fun) melee caster cc build. I bought a +1 lHoW to have Shadar-Kai pure ES. Arsenal includes EA epic strike, ruin and greater ruin, EBT, EA mantle swirl and chains. All spells max/emp/quickened. Cc EBT, GCS and Mass Hold Monster. Plus Trap the Soul.

DBZ

If you do use a hyrsams fiddle for sounding proc might get a half decent helpless set with the ring and cloak

Little boost maybe

droid327

For the devs there are only three casters: sorc, alch, druid. They only design for those three casters.

There are ways to make blaster locks work, but yeah its not by design. More about stacking high-rate on-cast spellpower-scaling procs like Magma, Acid and RGlory and the ES imbue with lots of dice.

Warsaga

present day - present time
But good luck getting the devs to listen to you. They have ignored my requests for years.
This is very eye opening for me. I never got on the forums all these years until recently, but I was always of the impression that we had a receptive lot of devs here. It has been quite the journey seeing that they really don't give a hoot or holler what any of us has to say at the end of the day.

• Haha

BiggerTrolls

There are ways to make blaster locks work, but yeah its not by design. More about stacking high-rate on-cast spellpower-scaling procs like Magma, Acid and RGlory and the ES imbue with lots of dice.
I've done a bit of blaster lock, at some point it feels like if tool tips were accurate we would have a different game.