Fighter - T5 Requiring 8 levels instead of 5

xianio

Bug Report Number:
Every other enhancement tree for every class in the game requires 5 levels in the class to gain access to 100% of it's enhancements.

Is it a bug/oversight that Kensai requires you to have 8 levels instead of 5 for 2 of its enhancements?

Seems like a notable oversight to make Kensai Fighter not function like all other trees.

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
Which two T5 Enhancements from Kensai did you experience this with? As I'm looking at the T5's from Kensai right now and I every one of them lists Level 5 Fighter needed.

I'll roll up a spare Iconic slot and see what that shows, but it'll help if you can tell us specifically which ones you are experiencing this issue with so it's easier to track down.

J1NG

FVSHasBeenEvenMoreGutted

Which two T5 Enhancements from Kensai did you experience this with? As I'm looking at the T5's from Kensai right now and I every one of them lists Level 5 Fighter needed.

I'll roll up a spare Iconic slot and see what that shows, but it'll help if you can tell us specifically which ones you are experiencing this issue with so it's easier to track down.

J1NG
it requires greater weapon focus as a prereq, which itself requires 8 fighter, so it is impossible to take it with 5 fighter

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
it requires greater weapon focus as a prereq, which itself requires 8 fighter, so it is impossible to take it with 5 fighter
Ah OK. But it's technically not what OP had written.

100% of Enhancements (as per OP) would mean they would have the Capstone, which is Level 20 fighter, so that wouldn't really apply in their case unless if they skipped the feat requirement (which I agree is a weird one to place in the middle of a chain upgrade). Also, it's not a T5 that has this issue directly that OP's wording suggested, it's an indirect issue most certainly, but details matter here for someone looking things, otherwise they'll look and won't see an issue because they can only check in relation to what you write. (Again, details matter)

But I can see what you (and from that what OP) are on about and agree that it was a strange design choice. Again, especially given it's the middle of the upgrade path in the tree.

Can a Dev take a look at possible alternatives to this Feat requirement? Such as the Weapon Master T5 enhancement only granting +2 to Damage and Attack, but if you have the necessary Feat you gain another +2 to Damage and Attack and then the +25% HP bonus? That way players still getting to Fighter Level 8 (12 Total) will achieve the requirements as now, but would allow anyone else who skimps on Level 8 Fighter and the required Feat to still gain the Enhancement and some bonus from it.

J1NG

xianio

I suppose I was including the info in the title as part of the post rather than not.

Explicitly I mean every other class can access 100% of its T5 Enhancements with just 5 levels. Only Kensai has a feat requirement that cannot be accessed until level 8 which, functionally, means that unlike all other classes Kensai is locked out of 1 of its T5 and 1 of its T4 enhancement features until 8 levels of fighter are taken.

No other enhancement tree in the game works like this. It seems like an oversight that should like be patched.

FVSHasBeenEvenMoreGutted

the best part is that ability that requires level 8 is also the 25% comp hp ability, so fighter as needs 8 levels for the comp hp. this means its really bad to multiclass as you need minimum 8 fighter, and at that point just do pure fighter

Krelar

It's a leftover from the (very) old enhancement system. Kensei required you to take that feat line and they kept the requirement in thematically even though it didn't really fit with the new level breakdowns. You'll also note that the tier 3 enhancement (Weapon Group Specialization) can't be taken until at least level 4 either.

There were a few other oddities in some of the class trees but they have been removed over time. (The one that comes to mind being paladin divine might at tier 2 used to require turn undead which paladins don't get till level 4)