FVS Feydark Illusionist

i currently have a L26 Fighter, actually he's 6 Pal - 14 Fighter but I want to respec them to be an L20 dedicated class.
I am thinking of building a favored soul with the feydark Illusionist enhancement to create a charisma based fighter.

so it would be 1 - 20 FSV and then shadowdancer for ED.

Anyone ever done this?

seph1roth5

Do you mean respec as in reincarnate or use a +20 heart? I'd stroooooongly recommend reincarnating lol. More build pts and past life bonuses, it's the meat of DDO's power.

Also, fvs already can choose wis or charisma to hit/damage at lv 2, only with favored weapons though. You can finagle that at 23 with divine crusader. Maul is really nice but need to be iconic, greatsword requires bladeforged too, neither work for pure. Could always go quarterstaff til 23 I guess?

Not sure what shadowdancer is getting you either....so no, no one's done that probably lol. Feydark is a great tree, but I'd probably just splash it for charisma to hit/dam, and color spray.

Thanks for the replies.
It’s a +20 heart I was going to use. I don’t mind RE so much it’s just allot of time input when I don’t know if this will work. Was hoping to do a Lesser +20 to see if this worked.

I guess the advantage maybe is I can use cha to hit and damage for any weapon.
My fighter is a THF that uses falchions.
Shadowdancer is for Evasion.

Maybe it would be good to post my goal. I like to solo allot. And I found my pale master to be a great fit for that. But my fighter is my original recipe main but I don’t want to full reincarnate till she hits 30. So trying to build a more self sufficient fighter.

Paladin may be the way to go.

unbongwah

i currently have a L26 Fighter, actually he's 6 Pal - 14 Fighter but I want to respec them to be an L20 dedicated class.
I am thinking of building a favored soul with the feydark Illusionist enhancement to create a charisma based fighter.
I'm a little confused about why you want to switch to CHA-based melee but:
  • FvS Warsoul can already get CHA to hit and damage with Favored Weapons so Feydark Illusionist is unnecessary.
  • But if you're not using Favored Weapons, then Warsoul is a terrible tree because most of DPS bonuses are tied to Favored Weapons. [Warsoul is a mediocre DPS tree anyway but you're also a full caster so it wouldn't be fair to expect it to be top-notch melee DPS as well IMO.] And only wood elves can use falchions as Favored Weapons thanks to Faith of the Forest.
Have you considered LRing into Dragon Lord instead? Its DCs are based on either STR or CHA; it gets STR and CHA Battle Trances; and if you have Feydark Illusionist, that gives you CHA to hit & damage.

I'm a little confused about why you want to switch to CHA-based melee but:
  • FvS Warsoul can already get CHA to hit and damage with Favored Weapons so Feydark Illusionist is unnecessary.
  • But if you're not using Favored Weapons, then Warsoul is a terrible tree because most of DPS bonuses are tied to Favored Weapons. [Warsoul is a mediocre DPS tree anyway but you're also a full caster so it wouldn't be fair to expect it to be top-notch melee DPS as well IMO.] And only wood elves can use falchions as Favored Weapons thanks to Faith of the Forest.
Have you considered LRing into Dragon Lord instead? Its DCs are based on either STR or CHA; it gets STR and CHA Battle Trances; and if you have Feydark Illusionist, that gives you CHA to hit & damage.
Just trying something new.
I played a pale master to 32 and I just enjoyed being melee with a bit of spell casting ability.
I just realized that on the favored soul about at L2 you actually get that anyway.

Yes on the dragon born I think I will try that.

I just also like the Feydark enhancement line but im having a hard time figuring out how to make it work. Is that for Sorcerers?
maybe warlock?

Maxxus Thull

so it would be 1 - 20 FSV and then shadowdancer for ED.

Anyone ever done this?
You do know that favored souls gain a favored weapon based on your Deity choice. Right? At level 2, said weapons are using charisma for att/dmg for a favored soul.