G-Land raiding scene is regrowing and it feels awesome!

vryxnr

So, after the mass exodus last year, we lost a lot of big named guilds and players who would often push high reaper raids. Since then I've been focused on fostering a positive atmosphere in Ghallanda, to help bring in new players and returning vets, and help develop them into competent raiders... basically rebuilding the raiding scene on G-Land. One of my focuses in that goal has been to teach raids and help make them accessible to a wide range of players. Some of my friends have been focused on the higher end of things, and gathering the best from the large pool of players I've been trying to get into raiding, to bring reaper raid pushes back to Ghallanda.

The last few months we've done several pushes with great success, and over half of the players involved are people in my guild, many whom I've helped get the spark needed to want to raid at higher levels (one of them has only been playing for about a year as well). I'm very proud of them all! We haven't done everything on r10 yet, but we have done several on r10, some on r7, some r4... it's only been a year after all, so we're still rebuilding that scene.

However today I feel the need to share this on the more casual/teaching raid side of things. I run regularly scheduled raids 3 times a week. They are guild events, so my guildies do get priority spots... but we also like to bring in non-guildies and new people as well, and we're happy to slow down and teach whenever it's needed. The popularity of these runs has been growing, and tonight we had so many people logging on hoping to join us that we had to make two raid groups running everything at the same time! Two full groups doing 13 raids over 6 hours, and it was awesome!

I know it's not super impressive compared to the shortman high reaper clears and the like, but man does it feel good to see what Ghallanda has become and continues to grow into! I am super happy right now, so very proud of my fellow G-landers, and wanted to share my joy with everyone. 😁

Last edited:

Grunndi

So, after the mass exodus last year, we lost a lot of big named guilds and players who would often push high reaper raids. Since then I've been focused on fostering a positive atmosphere in Ghallanda, to help bring in new players and returning vets, and help develop them into competent raiders... basically rebuilding the raiding scene on G-Land. One of my focuses in that goal has been to teach raids and help make them accessible to a wide range of players. Some of my friends have been focused on the higher end of things, and gathering the best from the large pool of players I've been trying to get into raiding, to bring reaper raid pushes back to Ghallanda.

The last few months we've done several pushes with great success, and over half of the players involved are people in my guild, many whom I've helped get the spark needed to want to raid at higher levels (one of them has only been playing for about a year as well). I'm very proud of them all! We haven't done everything on r10 yet, but we have done several on r10, some on r7, some r4... it's only been a year after all, so we're still rebuilding that scene.

However today I feel the need to share this on the more casual/teaching raid side of things. I run regularly scheduled raids 3 times a week. They are guild events, so my guildies do get priority spots... but we also like to bring in non-guildies and new people as well, and we're happy to slow down and teach whenever it's needed. The popularity of these runs has been growing, and tonight we had so many people logging on hoping to join us that we had to make two raid groups running everything at the same time! Two full groups doing 13 raids over 6 hours, and it was awesome!

I know it's not super impressive compared to the shortman high reaper clears and the like, but man does it feel good to see what Ghallanda has become and continues to grow into! I am super happy right now, so very proud of my fellow G-landers, and wanted to share my joy with everyone. 😁
That’s awesome! Love those times when you have so many competent raiders show up you have to make 2 parties.

Jack Jarvis Esquire

Nice job. Especially bringing on the newer folks. 👋👋👋

I wouldn't spend too much time thinking about the "ubers". Personally, fairly or unfairly, I've always taken their achievements with a huge dose of salt based on previous shenanigans anyway.

This seems far more fresh and real to me.

I wish you continued luck! 😁👍