Gear for end game pally tank?

mikarddo

I am considering making my main (110 reaper points, 4xepic, racial and heroic completionist) into a raid tank but mostly have caster experience and gear.

I am thinking pure paladin but I am open to suggestions. I do not intend to farm LGS gear or clickies.

I am looking for advice on how to gear him up for raid tanking.

PraetorPlato

What content are you targeting? You have the character power to do anything you want with it (although no LGS is a limitation for super high end content). I’ve been running a first life pure pally tank with increasingly optimized gear and have been pretty happy (r10 quests/r1 new raids or higher skull old raids), although with your past lives and RP, a 17/3 cleric split is probably better up to r4-6 raids or so, at which point pure fighter is better.

Pure paladin is awesome for pugs or mixed groups though. I think Vecna will be a regear for me, but right now, I run 3 piece sharn, 4 piece winter, 5 piece dread. That will likely become 3 sharn/4 winter/4 vecna/3 wild fort.

mikarddo

What content are you targeting? You have the character power to do anything you want with it (although no LGS is a limitation for super high end content). I’ve been running a first life pure pally tank with increasingly optimized gear and have been pretty happy (r10 quests/r1 new raids or higher skull old raids), although with your past lives and RP, a 17/3 cleric split is probably better up to r4-6 raids or so, at which point pure fighter is better.

Pure paladin is awesome for pugs or mixed groups though. I think Vecna will be a regear for me, but right now, I run 3 piece sharn, 4 piece winter, 5 piece dread. That will likely become 3 sharn/4 winter/4 vecna/3 wild fort.

Thank you for the reply. I did make the pally now and he is working well. R10 quests obviously, no reason for a tank below R7 really, and R1 raids. I am using 6 piece winter, 3 piece sharn and trinket with curse immunity atm - as thats what I had already. Around 7.5k hp, 420prr, 300mrr, 400ac in reaper - so the player skill is likely to be the limiting factor :) I will probably wait till the new raid before I look into optimizing gear.

PraetorPlato

Yeah, that's quite nice. PRR seems a little low—I hit 20 more than that on my first lifer—but everything else looks like what I'd expect.

Cashery

this is what my PDK Pally uses.

7 piece Winter:
Plate of Winter Solstice (Armor)
Icon of Bitterwind (Trinket)
Nocturne Ring (Ring1)
Prince's Gauntlet (Gloves)
Deepsnow Boots (Boots)
Cold Iron bracers (Bracers)
Bulwark of Snow (Shield)
Set Bonus: 30 Artifact Bonus to PRR, +30 Healing Amp, 10% Legendary HP's, +100 Threat, +3 Artifact CON, +15% AC

2 piece Summer:
Bottled Sunlight (Neck)
Prince's Gauntlet (Gloves)
Set Bonus: 30 Artifact Bonus to MRR

2 Piece Spring:
Crown of Butterflies (helm)
Cloak of Spring (Cloak)
Set Bonus: 10% artifact Bonus to Missile Deflection

3 piece Alluring Elocution: +3 Artifact CHA
Collective Sight: Insight Cha +6, Wis +13 (goggles)
Duskbone Ring (ring2)
Lindal's Mighty Belt (Belt)

Weapon: Divinity, the Morninglord's Goal.

Cashery

don't need affirmation... spamming "guard up" in unyielding gives me 700 temp hps every 6 secs, pushing 9k hps in reaper when doing so... the con would be nice.. however..

I like the bypassers on Divinity as I very rarely need to turtle up, like generating threat while swining:
I take Crystal (T2C) and Chaotic (T3C) from Grandmaster
Augment Eye of Mabar (Evil)
Only thing the weapon does not bypass is bludgeon and pierce

Last edited: