Genuine question: Why doesn't VIP spell swap apply to Wizards?

Geezer

Wizards scribe spells and can scribe every one. Clerics get the entire spell list.
There really isn't a reason to swap spells except maybe levels 1-4 as a new player for any class that is not stuck with the spells they chosen during leveling.
But a Wizard cant scribe ALL spells if he doesnt have a scroll to do so. Some scrolls are very rare to find. So, why cant a Wizard swap for a rare spell that he didnt take???

Sarlona Raiding

I don't think this was intended to let you change spells in a public area rather than after resting or a tavern. It allows you to change your spells at a trainer without the 1/day limit and without needing blood dragons which is why only specific classes are listed.

It seems mostly a benefit for leveling a sorc before you have immunity stripping - you can completely swap elements while leveling.

mbartol

Murder Hobo
can we Please have the QoL for spells so that upon ReIncarnation spells don't need to be rescribed into spellbooks again? and maybe make it for both VIPs and non-VIPs too! KThxBye!
Early on, when I played my first wizard life, I gathered up nearly every scroll to scribe into my spell book. I was quite disappointed when I discovered that they were not persistent.

cursedblessedone

Trigger Me Elmo
2634b712626d805ca0c36679f206734c.gif

Lazuli

Wizards can swap spells at any tavern. They don't have to go see their trainer.
You have not read right. Rabidfox nailed it before:

"We’re adding a new always-available VIP perk related to spell swapping. While you are VIP you can swap spells in any public area, and you don’t have a cooldown when changing spells at the trainer. "

My assumption is only 1 of the 2 features is working right and it's a bug vs a deliberate choice.

Praun

But a Wizard cant scribe ALL spells if he doesnt have a scroll to do so. Some scrolls are very rare to find. So, why cant a Wizard swap for a rare spell that he didnt take???

Because wizards (and Clerics) don't swap spells ... never have, never will.

It's not a thing.

You know you are limited on end-game spells when you made the Wizard. Choose spells you *know* you want when you level up and hope to find scrolls for the ones you would *like* to have.

Wizards have never been able to swap spells in DDO.

Lazuli

Because wizards (and like Clerics) don't swap spells ... never have, never will.

It's not a thing.

You know you are limited on end-game spells when you made the Wizard. Choose spells you *know* you want when you level up and hope to find scrolls for the ones you would *like* to have.

Wizards have never been able to swap spells in DDO.
Wizards can swaps prepared spells while rested in shrines or taverns 🙃 new vip perk should let swaps in any public place but It is not working.

Anyways the perk is waaaay more useful for spontaneus casters. What a surprise😴

Praun

You have not read right.
You must be confused.

Wizards have NEVER needed to swap spells. It's not a thing.

Certain classes have to go see their trainer to swap spells and can only do so every three days. Those classes benefit from this perk. No other classes need this perk.

This perk wouldn't help wizards in any shape form or fashion.

You obviously expected this perk to be something it was never intended to be.

Lacci

Because wizards (and Clerics) don't swap spells ... never have, never will.
Of course they do. You have fewer active spell slots than available spells in your spellbooks.
So if you want to SWAP a spell from your active spell slots to a different one from your spellbook, you´d have to go to a tavern. With this perk you should be able to do it in any public area.
At least, that´s my understanding of it.

My assumption is only 1 of the 2 features is working right and it's a bug vs a deliberate choice.
50% of the things working sounds like the standard SSG rate ...

Lazuli

You must be confused.

Wizards have NEVER needed to swap spells. It's not a thing.

Certain classes have to go see their trainer to swap spells and can only do so every three days. Those classes benefit from this perk. No other classes need this perk.

This perk wouldn't help wizards in any shape form or fashion.

You obviously expected this perk to be something it was never intended to be.
Prepared spellcasters can't swap spells in book, but can swap memorized spells. Re read the words of release notes. First sentence talks about swap prepared spells. That is the perk for prepared spellcasters that is not working. The second sentence is for spontaneus spellcasters and is working although in a wonky way.

Dogtrauma

Unknowable Member
TLDR: I think we can all ( baring trolls) agree that rare scrolls should not be a thing anymore, it only penalizes unicorns... uhm, new players for no good reason. Morgrave Uni should get an arcane one stop shop for all things wizard imo.