Give Barbs something maybe next archtype

shmagmhar

since you just took something that barbarian has had in the past and gave it to dragonlord . maybe give barbs something new and unique of their own .

probally next archetype will be for barb is my guess . wasnt there a rumor going around there was going to be a barb shapeshifter archtype?

Upvote 0

Aggy

As far as I remember there was some whispering that Barb would get a new archetype and something related to Great Clubs. But since the dev outline for 2024 doesn't show another archetype and the next one is called dragon disciple I wouldn't hold my breath.

droid327

There's a barb shapeshifter Iconic, IDK why they'd do it again

Next archetype is 99% Sorc. Dragon Disciple is definitely not Barb, at any rate

shmagmhar

There's a barb shapeshifter Iconic, IDK why they'd do it again

Next archetype is 99% Sorc. Dragon Disciple is definitely not Barb, at any rate
im not really trying suggest the barb archtype has to be shapeshifter , it could be anything , just that i remeber hearing rumors of it .

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
I would like Barbs to be LAST. I want a unique archetype for them. That "Big 4$$ Club" Barb seems pretty sweeeeeet though. But apparently it was just a rumor.. from where exactly?

Aggy

I would like Barbs to be LAST. I want a unique archetype for them. That "Big 4$$ Club" Barb seems pretty sweeeeeet though. But apparently it was just a rumor.. from where exactly?
dont remember exactly, but it was in the context of FoM and the raid great club. There was a dev response saying something to the effect of that they would have something in store for us regarding great clubs.

Mordenkainen

All weapons suck because there is no support for them unless it's already built-in through the crit profile.

Arch-Necromancer

From the producer's letter:
By popular demand, our next major Expansion in the summer will take place in a fan favorite D&D location: Myth Drannor! It is among the more infamous places in the Forgotten Realms and we’re very excited to bring it to life! The level cap will increase to 34, and I’m looking forward to one of Myth Drannor’s hallmarks: Wild Magic areas.

This kinda hints that Wild mage could be the next archetype coming with the expansion and that is for the wizard, no doubt. And the Dragon disciple is for sorcerer. So barbs will have to wait for next year.

Blaster

In her Fridays at Four appearance earlier this year, Tolero mentioned how barbarians were likely to get a new archetype this year, but no more archetypes are listed on this year's development roadmap. It's possible they could add archetypes that are not in the roadmap at a later date, or she may have been confusing Dragon Lord with the barbarian class due to the Ravager enhancement tree being cloned from barbarian to the fighter archetype.

(Dragon Disciple archetype is listed in the Year of the Dragon rewards list but is currently not slated for release until February 2025.)

Ying

5000+ hours played
I wouldn't be surprised to see a wild magic barbarian iconic or perhaps universal tree for the Myth Drannor expansion. It will probably be sorcerer wild magic though.

Mordenkainen

Tolero if you listened carefully parsing her words and how she's saying it was like "ummm, at least 2 archetypes (referring to Dragon Disciple and Dragonlord). BUT it almost sounded like there was another from the way she was hesitating with it and the question itself: "how many archetypes this year?"