Going to give Baldur’s Gate 3 a try

DDO Gaming

I am having a hard time getting into the turn-based-combat of BG3. It just seems so... less fluent. But I guess I might give it a go again even though it certainly wont replace DDO.
I invite you to play raid/legends, as a turnbased game its brilliant. However I stil play DDO since that remains a brilliant game

Lacci

Small guild is looking to move to something else. BG3 looks amazing but does not look like a good fit for groups. Many played Lineage 2 ages ago. Considering giving it a go. Something that allows us to play together.
Yes, it is mainly a single player RPG, but it has a pretty good multiplayer mode for up to 4 players. If you have a fixed group of 3-4 people who stick around to play the full campaign, it´s probably the best D&D experience you can get outside of pen & paper sessions.
But changing players/characters mid-campaign doesn´t work I believe, and more than 4 characters is also no option.

DDO Gaming

Small guild is looking to move to something else. BG3 looks amazing but does not look like a good fit for groups. Many played Lineage 2 ages ago. Considering giving it a go. Something that allows us to play together.
raid/legends has guilds and...they also offer guild V guild.

There are also TWO types of PvP: stored team and realtime.

Stored tream allows you to create a team of characters (or "champions") and save it so other teams can compete against it. realtime allows you to realtime build a team against an opponent then realtime battle it out (kindof like RPG chess).

For a turnbased game its very mature and rich in functionality

Thief In the Night

raid/legends has guilds and...they also offer guild V guild.

There are also TWO types of PvP: stored team and realtime.

Stored tream allows you to create a team of characters (or "champions") and save it so other teams can compete against it. realtime allows you to realtime build a team against an opponent then realtime battle it out (kindof like RPG chess).

For a turnbased game its very mature and rich in functionality
Thanks for the suggestion. Not really a turn-based fan. They were fun in the old days (gold Box D&D games).

Pineapple

I tried bg3, even upgraded my PC to do so. Wish I could say I enjoyed it, I quickly realised turn based just isn't for me. Really wish it had been rtwp.

Uska

Founder
Yes, it is mainly a single player RPG, but it has a pretty good multiplayer mode for up to 4 players. If you have a fixed group of 3-4 people who stick around to play the full campaign, it´s probably the best D&D experience you can get outside of pen & paper sessions.
But changing players/characters mid-campaign doesn´t work I believe, and more than 4 characters is also no option.
I have a weekly game on foundry with discord for voice it’s the best table top I’ve had in years and it’s tabletop sort of we just aren’t in the sa,e room

DBZ

POE 2 if it ever gets finished putting alot of time and work into it and looks so customizable

dogonovo

This is probably the only MMO forums/community where I won't feel like I am trolling if I mention Neverwinter Nights :)

Likely not something definite, but if folks played Lineage 2 (and many other games, of course) the lack of Jump mechanics won't be as shocking. It's an old game, the graphics got improved but it obviously still shows. It's however cheap, based on 3.5ed, no player limit in party, real-time combat. Servers like A Dawn of Heroes and Blackstone Keep both have very challenging high-level activities (A Dawn of Heroes has proper raids too), and are enough high magic, with enough build nuance and extra mechanics that even DDO number crunchers should get some joy out of it.

I'm biased as I deeply love the game (I prefer to roleplay in NWN than in "tabletop apps/tools") but sincerely think that it might fit for at least an alternative to play together while the clan works on the cold turkey from leaving DDO.

Hope it helps, and wish you guys the best of luck!

*ps: for clarity, neither ADOH nor Blackstone Keep are roleplay servers, they are purely action focused.

Arthuvin

After u finish it u could try Neverwinter Nights. The inspiration for most mmorpgs and successor to baldurs gate 2. I play both It and DDO.

Ps: "Neverwinter Nights: enhanced edition" on steam supports official hi resolution materials made by the beamdog company and available at the steam workskop itself.

Last edited:
Reactions: DBZ

dogonovo

Is NWN top down view?
Camera in NWN works pretty much exactly like DDO, except you can't get as close to First Person. Some modules (and servers!) use cutscenes sometimes that take your control away obviously, but normally you select between Camera Follow and Free Mode which work like in DDO.