Gold Sparkling Dust for Companions - Fails to Show When Changing Loading Zones

Not a huge deal, but annoying for something I paid DDO points for, so I figured I'd ask here before I put a report in.

As title says. I have the companion gear on my companion, and when I click it to equip, it shows fine. As soon as I change zones, it no longer renders unless I go back into the pet menu and unequip and re-equip.

Is this a known bug? Is there a setting I need to change to avoid this? Doesn't happen with my other companion, which has a wizard hat that always shows. I'd like to see a fix, if it's a bug, but I'm not going to hold my breath if that's the case...

Thank you in advance.

Zavina

Ms Stabby Stabby
Sometimes I'll remember to adjust that on my main's macaw (which has the sparkly bit), but it's as you've said, it doesn't stay switched on. Few years ago now, someone said in a quest, "you have to reapply the fairy dust that makes it sparkle regularly or it'll fade" lol.

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
Think it was something to do with persistent effects or something along those lines. Same issue with cosmetics. No change on that front for many years now as it's unlikely to be a major fixing point. If we get a change to it, it'll be a nice outcome, but it's not something anyone is really expecting or any time soon.

J1NG

Tonquin

of Lightning Hammer fame!
Not a huge deal, but annoying for something I paid DDO points for, so I figured I'd ask here before I put a report in.

As title says. I have the companion gear on my companion, and when I click it to equip, it shows fine. As soon as I change zones, it no longer renders unless I go back into the pet menu and unequip and re-equip.

Is this a known bug? Is there a setting I need to change to avoid this? Doesn't happen with my other companion, which has a wizard hat that always shows. I'd like to see a fix, if it's a bug, but I'm not going to hold my breath if that's the case...

Thank you in advance.
This is indeed a bug with our particle emissions. This has been fixed internally, and will be in an upcoming patch. Thank you!