Golden Greaves Drop on Epic?

Myosin

Simple question: Do Golden Greaves drop on Epic Burning City?

As far as I've seen, the regular ~lvl 11 gear drops on Epic in Menechtarun, but Golden Greaves are kinda a strange item that aren't really "main Menechtarun loot" (you can't buy them from the vendor unlike everything else and they don't come from an end chest). So, since I'd rather farm them on Epic, I just wanted to ask if anyone had a "pretty dang sure" whereas I'm only "pretty sure."

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
If Golden Greaves aren't available to buy for Antique Bronze Tokens then that's a bug.

You can find the level 11 version of Golden Greaves in both heroic and epic Chains of Flame. If you wanna make them epic/legendary, you'll then have to upgrade them yourself via Desert Sand Crystals.

Last edited:

seph1roth5

I thought antique bronze tokens can only be traded in for named items from the wilderness. But any heroic gear should still drop in epics. I know I definitely see an assortment of junk in wiz king. Don't really run epic chains though...

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
Chains of Flame seems to not be dropping heroic loot in Epic, or if it is, the drop rate in it is abysmal. Like Jibbers level.
I think you may be correct. I was going for an item from ryum and it would drop on heroic, but nothing in epic. Did several runs, and have now resigned to running heroic for loot and epic for upgrade parts.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
CoF drops loot in epics (it was bugged when the update to s/s/s loot 1st came out but they fixed it); I've gotten several of cloaks of the roc since then (unless certain optional chests are still bugged). But if farming an item, it's way better to just zerg heroic for faster times and cheaper rerolls; just zerg to that optional boss, loot, reset.
I thought antique bronze tokens can only be traded in for named items from the wilderness.
^ this, it's only rare wilderness loot for sale for the tokens.

Myosin

I thought antique bronze tokens can only be traded in for named items from the wilderness. But any heroic gear should still drop in epics. I know I definitely see an assortment of junk in wiz king. Don't really run epic chains though...

Fair enough, the only named gear I've ever tried to get was wilderness or from the raid so I guess I didn't notice (not counting the golden greaves).

It may come and go, then because we finished 60 runs of CoF R3 Epic and nothing would drop. Took four runs of Heroic Elite to pull everything. 3 people. SSG breaking their fixes isn't "new".

Ok - I guess I'll do heroic from now on to be on the safe side.

I understand the zerg to the minotaur method but since I'm halfway done by that time and it has a good token drop amount I wanted to go ahead and finish - also I'm x-bows on my farmer so the normal "all the archers annoy you" thing doesn't apply.

Myosin

Well, just got em after first heroic run after my last reply. I usually save my token quests for epic rather than heroic on TRs (so I'm always gaining favor) and this is the first time I've ever seen them drop so I guess we'll not be able to determine if they drop on epic for sure or not...

Weslok

I run the heroics with a high toon just for farming... The items do fall in epic but they are heroic items... If you want to reroll the chests it's a lot cheaper to do it in heroics than epics especially since the items are heroic anyway...