Golden Greaves Dropping in ADQ?

Sheikra

This might be WAI but I was just running R1 epic ADQ raid and pulled golden greaves. I was confused because I was pretty sure those drop in an opt chest in CoF, and the wiki confirmed that. Just thought I'd share and see if anyone else has pulled non-ADQ items from ADQ.

Greaves.png

Hobgoblin

Grumpy Old man
anything that drops in the non wild can drop there

back in s/s/s days had a pug pull spec gloves and the shard for it from the chest

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Yeah, it occasionally drops those items and tomes. That chest has such a massive loot list it can pull from. Still so glad we no longer have to farm the s/s/s parts.

seph1roth5

It's actually pretty awful, especially since the antique bronze token update makes wilderness stuff much easier to get. Waaaay too diluted a pool.

Br4d

The updated items and crafting system is great. I spent years hoarding the s/s/s comps and I was never gladder to get rid of anything than when I could dump them.

l_remmie

Look at all the proud gatekeepers walking a hundred miles to school uphill and against the wind. How dare anything ever gets better or easier for anyone else.

vryxnr

Look at all the proud gatekeepers walking a hundred miles to school uphill and against the wind. How dare anything ever gets better or easier for anyone else.
I didn't see anyone in this thread saying anything remotely close to that.

A person can be proud of attaining a formerly difficult achievement while still being happy things are easier now. Some prestige is lost, but pointing that out doesn't mean they are gatekeeping.

"back in my day..." can simply be talking about how things used to be.

The_Apocalypse

The Chosen One
Back in my day, we played EQ1. Early on, you were lucky to get to 50th level in a year. We had "Hell Levels", hour long corpse runs, 30 min boat rides, days camping a spot for an uber item (that became a PoS years later). In fact, we had to hold a camp 24/7 in order to be able to farm it. Major item farm camps had a waiting list days long. And you waited on that list 24/7, cuz you never knew when your name would come up...

Damn, EQ1 was harsh in the early years.