Grand Theft Aureon - Boss disappeared

ChicagoChris

Finishing the drag of the quest Grand Theft Aureon, finally make it to the final fight. Defeated all the mobs, and started to concentrate on the boss - and it just disappeared.

I'm not sure if it got stuck in a wall, or it just disappeared. I put in a help ticket, but I just don't believe in-game help exists anymore, especially on a Saturday.

Pretty much ended my questing for the day...

Dragavon

Mobs teleport behind you. Don't have your back to a wall.
This.

Green devils, Orthons and now the Vroks all teleport and sometimes they teleport into a wall and gets stuck there. That has broken quests since we got Chronoscope and Vale of Twilight.

It would be great if SSG could fix this.

I had some success with the 'stuck' command in shadow of a doubt when a shadow appeared in the untouchable walled off area (opponent ported back into my area so i was able to kill & complete) but sadly in GTO this didn't help me.

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
I've usually found that assuming the wall the enemy teleported behind is really just a wall, and there's no "drop" behind the wall that will separate the z axis between you and the target, using Intimidate/Ki Shout or a Feat Aura can often bring their aggro back and get them to teleport back through as these abilities ignore walls.

However, this will be limited to characters with access to these abilities which is often in most cases a very select few only. And this is besides hoping the enemy is on the same z axis so the effect can impact on them to trigger them to teleport again.

Most definitely annoying, but I don't think there's an easy way to solve this issue given how DDO works and teleporting for enemies. Not without introducing some seriously bad lag by populating areas behind all walls to limit/prevent valid teleport locations for enemies so they teleport somewhere that's accessible instead. And I don't think players want the extra lag for that. Which can also introduce other issues unforseen down the line too.

J1NG

Jeronimo

In Grand theft, a guildie of mine managed to some how go back a bit and kill off a stuck mob from the end fight using a rune arm. Not sure how he did it... I was afk.

cursedblessedone

Trigger Me Elmo
lp%20out%20to%20lunch%2001.gif

Ran out of Dirty Kobolds!!

Falkor

What I want to know is ...

When are they going to fix the in-game solution for the puzzle? The solution given in quest is flat out wrong. And the answer on the forum is mostly correct. But we shouldn't have to come to the forums to find an answer ...

Fix the solution. Vecna has been out for a year now ... and this is STILL a bug. Should we take bets on how long it takes to fix this?

Jeronimo

What I want to know is ...

When are they going to fix the in-game solution for the puzzle? The solution given in quest is flat out wrong. And the answer on the forum is mostly correct. But we shouldn't have to come to the forums to find an answer ...

Fix the solution. Vecna has been out for a year now ... and this is STILL a bug. Should we take bets on how long it takes to fix this?
You mean the solution note behind the hidden door? 🤔 It's always worked fine for me.

Jeronimo