Grand Theft Aureon puzzle broken?

Sowahh

Ok, so I just tried running it today and the puzzle (the one that received the new "reset" lever) wouldn't be solved using the old solution (i.e. hit all buttons once). One button would still be lit. Reset using the lever, tried again, same result.
Anyone else had the same issue? Or is it just me going insane?

Blerkington

Had the same issue as you when running it just after the update. The solution on the wiki did not work and the reset lever left one button unlit.

Adding the reset lever was a good idea but unfortunately it was botched in the execution.

Sowahh

Is there a single "feature" they pushed to production environment that is actually working correctly?
At this point it's like their main development focus is creating bugs and new "features" is just a side effect.

owl

The solution is also behind a hidden door in the area where the key is. I always just solved it that way even though it was more clicks than what the wiki proposed. I assume the solution on that note will still work - not sure if it changed to a new set of instructions since the update.

Redtalktree

The solution is also behind a hidden door in the area where the key is. I always just solved it that way even though it was more clicks than what the wiki proposed. I assume the solution on that note will still work - not sure if it changed to a new set of instructions since the update.
that still leaves one lit, hitting every button once still works, just start from 1

Reactions: owl

Sowahh

Yeah, I've filed a bug report and sent it to bugs section on the Discord where devs occasionally read things. Hope it reaches through one of the channels.

Greggle

that still leaves one lit, hitting every button once still works, just start from 1
That didn't work for me. But as Tapmatic says, just leaving II lit works. I have a theory that you can just willy nilly hit the buttons and the game feels sorry for you and just unlocks the lever.

LG89

That didn't work for me. But as Tapmatic says, just leaving II lit works. I have a theory that you can just willy nilly hit the buttons and the game feels sorry for you and just unlocks the lever.
There is a solution, possibly several. I turned all the lights out only hitting 3 lights.

Dexraven

Same issue here on Thelanis, Ran it 5 times and had to recall, just bought the expansion so annoyed i cant complete the quest,

Jsut tried again and unlocked when leaving the 2 button lit

Last edited:
Yep, just ran it tonight. The 4-6-2-3-8-5-7-1 pattern does not work, even after using the reset lever. It leaves 7 active. Hitting buttons until just 2 is lit up does work.

Sowahh

I got a generic response from the CS:
"Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your report. I have gone ahead and notified our team of this issue so that they may investigate it in detail and determine if a fix is needed." so hopefully that's enough to acknowledge that someone will take a look a it.