Hardcore characters don't receive Saltmarsh VIP ticket.

EvilDragon

Title.
Aren't they supposed to take tickets? It's confirmed that I didn't take it, and my guildie said he didn't take it too.

Blunt Hackett

Saltmarsh goodies are awarded by the NPC named Garthalmor at the Snapping Line Inn. Note that the sentient jewel and hireling folder can only be claimed once.

CBDunk

I don't recall what the 'VIP ticket' was, but generally speaking the NPC vendors do not give out items which cannot be transferred from one server to another on Hardcore because they would be 'lost' at the end of the season. Obviously, 'once per account' items that have already been claimed would also be unavailable.

Garthalmor, and the other expansion NPCs, can also be found in the Hall of Heroes.

Onyxia2016

I went to the the NPC on HC and was able to select items from the bundle I purchased. There is also a, give me everything, option.
I just grabbed the mount and Frogo. The other stuff would just take up valuable bank/bag space.

No ticket was needed or present in my inventory.

EvilDragon

I went to the the NPC on HC and was able to select items from the bundle I purchased. There is also a, give me everything, option.
I just grabbed the mount and Frogo. The other stuff would just take up valuable bank/bag space.

No ticket was needed or present in my inventory.
So, did you get the Elixir of Discovery?

Onyxia2016

So, did you get the Elixir of Discovery?

I did not but I think getting the elixir was separate from the actual bundle. Looks like it was a bonus offered only to VIP when making the bundle purchase.

Here is a page that lists what came with each bundle level and I do not see the elixir list.
Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh

From the wiki notes for Elixir of Discovery
  • VIPs receive some when they purchase the Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh.

EvilDragon

I didn't state anything about Saltmarsh bonus items. What I am literally talking about is the ticket, and I am talking it's missing from hardcore characters. I am saying again, it IS supposed to be given to characters immediately upon character creation.

Onyxia2016

I didn't state anything about Saltmarsh bonus items. What I am literally talking about is the ticket, and I am talking it's missing from hardcore characters. I am saying again, it IS supposed to be given to characters immediately upon character creation.

Ok, I understand what you are referring to now. I purchased Saltmarsh after the window closed so I never worried about the elixir.
Did you activate within the window 08/04/2021 to 09/05/2021?
Do you currently have a VIP subscription?

If both of these are true than you may want to open a ticket.

Per the release notes. DDO Saltmarsh FAQ

I'm a VIP, do I need to take any action to receive my Saltmarsh VIP Elixir of Discovery?​

Yes. You must log into your DDO game account with an active VIP subscription between the launch of Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh on Wednesday, August 4th, 2021 and Sunday 11:59 PM Eastern September 5th, 2021. Your account will be flagged as eligible, and your character(s) will receive a claim ticket in their inventory. You may then redeem your claim tickets at any time with the NPC Garthalmor in Saltmarsh as long as you own Standard, Collector, or Ultimate Fan edition of Saltmarsh at the time you speak with Garthalmor.

I'm a VIP who logged in between August 4th and September 5th, will my future characters be eligible for the Saltmarsh VIP Elixir of Discover too?​

So long as your VIP subscription was active and you logged in between Saltmarsh launch on August 4th and September 5th, any characters you make on your account in the future will also get a claim ticket. Remember that you must own Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh at the time your character speaks with the NPC Garthalmor to turn the ticket in and receive the potion.

EvilDragon

I would have made a ticket but before that, I started the thread to make sure to find more people who have the same issue.

Lag4Ever

So I just created a new toon on Hardcore (did not receive ticket)
And one on a normal server (did receive ticket)
(Loot): Thank you for being a VIP. Please find Saltmarsh VIP Reward Ticket in your inventory.

There is definitely something wrong with the Hardcore server around this

Lag4Ever

It has definitely been the case before. The VIP ticket appears as soon as you log that character into a regular server.
And so it does...I transferred the test case toon from Hardcore to a normal server and the VIP ticket did appear once on the normal server. Forum Hive Mind 1, Lag 0. Could have sworn I used that elixir of discovery in past HC seasons. Oh well, I'll chalk one up to senility.

LrdSlvrhnd

Same thing happens with the Alabaster Lioness, I feel like there are a couple of other things that pop into place when you transfer to live, though no idea why they're not turned on for HC.

Matuse

Same thing happens with the Alabaster Lioness, I feel like there are a couple of other things that pop into place when you transfer to live, though no idea why they're not turned on for HC.
It really doesn't make a lot of sense why they aren't available on HC, no Alabaster Lioness, but the Onyx Panther is there immediately. I don't really see the harm in the elixir of discovery working on Hardcore, and having the ticket available would be an incentive to pick up VIP if you weren't already.