Haste potions not removing Slow effect

GolargoSturdyfeet

Bug Report Number:
Is this a new feature from the devs? Or a bug? Could not remove the slow effect off me, after drinking several potions of haste. :unsure:

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
It should still remove it (although I haven't tested just yet - but can do in a bit). But it doesn't remove all forms of "slow".

So the next question would be: What type of slow effect was it? Glue slow? Slow spell? Harried slow? Overlevel item slow? Other?

J1NG

J1NG

Do you by chance remember which enemies you were facing at the time when you experienced this? Beholders? Vol worshipers? Lich undead? The artificers and Golems?

J1NG

:: Edit ::

I did find the Plants can cast Spike Growth, where if you fail your Reflex Save, it initiates a Slow effect on you. Currently in middle of testing to see if that's the Slow you're looking at.

:: Edit ::

OK, so the Icons used there are not the typical Slow icon, so it's not them. Shouldn't be thr plant grouping then. Continuing to look.

:: Edit + Further ::

Also just did a PvP test, and the Slow spell is countered by a Haste spell. Grabbing a Haste pot to check, but expecting it to work. :: Further :: And confirmed that the Haste potion did remove the Slow spell. Suspect now that the Slow effect is one of the non-Slow spell effects that are not countered by Haste being re-applied over it. Given the slayer region, possibly Chaos Hammer (but not found an enemy casting that yet), a Golem slow effect, and possibly some others I'm forgetting right now. Will continue checking.

Last edited:

J1NG

Found one, but unsure if it's what you ran into. Gust of Wind by the Air Elementals, on a medium sized character, this produces a Slow effect (using the Slow icon) but it's actually named Gust of Wind - Slow, and is one of the Slow effects that is not removed by using Haste after getting it.

J1NG